LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Could NOT have put it better Catlady!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I know you all love my daily summaries so I will step in quick:

Mistle gets brassed off because Axel is not providing and goes off, fishes for herself and eats it.
    Axel returns to an empty nest, with a fish and panics!
    Mistle returns empty taloned and with a full crop.
    Axel returns to the nest with a half a fish which Mistle takes, Axel breathes a sigh of relief and decides not to cancel the ceremony.
    And they all live happily ever after.

Or do they? Better than Eastenders! Already nominated for 2 BAFTAs! EReturn tomorrow to see the next thrilling instalment!

Sorry, no names and dates and data likje Sheila, but its my style!

• 20 April

I couldn't find the black "bin liner" being brought it, it seemed to be gradually uncovered thru the day until Axel finally lifted it with his foot:

"Mistle's morning"

Just for the record - the supper fish delivery and Mistle enjoying her prolonged screeches:

IMAGICAT

• 5:43 Axel flies from the camera perch to the nest.

• Hmmm no sign of Mistle so far today.......

Axel has taken up lookout duty on the top branch of the old nest tree.....

Sitting there waiting...

Tapping his talon and humming to himself the old favourite:

'There was I, waiting at the church,

Waiting at the church,

Waiting at the church;

When I found she'd left me in the lurch,

Lor, how it did upset me!'

If that is what's happened Axel me old mate, there is only 1 person to blame!

• 7:48 Mistle to the nest with a half eaten fish! That has to be from last night.
    Axel not in sight and she didn't call.
    He can now change his whistling to:

At last, my love has come along
    My lonely days are over
    And life is like a song

• You'll be pleased to hear that Axel delivered a fish just before I looked in and Mistle was still "talking" to it She then flew off with it but also clutching the piece of black plastic. Hope she can rid herself of it. After she left Axel was nest cupping
  • You'll be pleased to hear that Axel delivered a fish just before I looked in and Mistle was still "talking" to it She then flew off with it but also clutching the piece of black plastic. Hope she can rid herself of it. After she left Axel was nest cupping