LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I am traveling so have not been able to catch up until now, and I see Axel has indeed returned. However, the last time I logged in, we thought it was Mistle on the nest. She has not returned?

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• SheilaFE said:

Does anyone remember one on the LG nest before.  

I was a volunteer there for ove3r 10 years then worked there for 4 and never saw one! I DO remember having an amazing view of a Wryneck perched very close to the nest on a stunted low tree which was identified by a very young co-vounteer - I hadn't a clue what it was and had to confirm i.d. in a bird book. The next day I remember the VC was full - of twitchers searching for the Wryneck!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I don't but then I've only been watching LG since 2008. And I've nearly missed all the fun here over the last couple of days. Very many thanks for pics and posts and videos - you are all sterling Ospreyholics
  • SheilaFE said:
    was it the gos on the old nest tree, and Axel attacked it? 

That's how I read it, SHEILA.  If it hadn't been for KORKY spotting it I might have skimmed right thru it all !!!

I did a silly thing, which took ages because... I don't know why.

Axel finishing his fish, on perch with his back to us.  How silly can I get?  And on top of that, I've let it go on and on.

Absolutely no chance of doing a nestorising vid, dear lamb, but I will continue with him later.

ENS right now.

IMAGICAT

• Oh my he has been a busy boy on the next today, it is looking really good. Brought a fish as well and fought off a Goshawk, the only thing absent is a misses. Come on Mistle, where are you, everything is in place, all you have to do is turn up!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• What a entertaining day however, i think that Axel definitely needs a female to create the nest. So many spindly twiggy sticks and no bigger branc5 to hold the whole caboodle together. Wonderful video, Scylla, thank you.
    Come on Mistle, Axel needs you and is doing a good job!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Unknown said:
    SKYDANCING!!!!

Another failure here.  Here's footage from either side of your posting time - wind predominates:

IMAGICAT

• Awww thanks for following it up. I can certainly hear sky dancing from 14.49.49 onwards and pretty consistently from 14.51 to 14.52 when it tails off so not a failure at all scylla 

• Unknown said:
    I can certainly hear sky dancing

That's a relief!  I really need to turf out my headphones, the sound on this (very expensive!) laptop is pants, as the young people say - or they used to, I don't know what the latest is that's not a swearword Grin

Here's a sample of Axel's nestwork - as has been said, he needs a partner to show him how it's done.  Or... has the pruning work left only twiggy spiky branches behind?  The more substantial branches he brought went over the side.

IMAGICAT

• Now THAT IS A SKYDANCE! Unmistakeable!