Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

I walked to my small town yesterday to visit the post office and the grocery store. At the top of the hill, I looked up to see R.T. Hawk's mate circling above me. I was glad to see that she made it through the long winter and looks well.

Spring isn't here yet. When I woke up this morning, the temperature was 12F; that's 11 below zero C. The "feels like" temp (wind chill) was 4 below zero F; that's 20 below zero C. In defiance, though, the trees on my patch are budding out.

Take care, all.

• OG – When I correct him, OH usually looks puzzled, somewhat disbelieving. I try very hard not to argue as it does no good. He can’t help it, the Parkinsons affects the brain.

ANNETTE – OH was never one for cooking on a BBQ. And I dislike eating outdoors with the flies. I don’t like seafood either!

Authorities decided not to ease covid restrictions further. Masks still required although many people at festivals not bothering. No surprise that covid numbers are highest for 2 months after last weekend’s events.

Nasty humid day. Thunder. Shower of rain. Probably yesterday’s weeds already replaced <sigh>

• Just a thought

This world is as beautiful as your thoughts are. (Debasish Mridha)

• AQ: I'm the BBQ chef, not OH, and we eat inside. What?! How can anyone not like seafood (although I'm not a shrimp eater - I worry about sources, etc...) Fat lot of good my beautiful thoughts do the world. Sigh.
  • Good Morning. Rather grey here, and rain forecast for just one day, then brighter and warmer for several days afterwards! Hooray!

I also don't eat seafood of any kind, although I adore a nice bit of fish. We rarely BBQ anything, can't be bothered: I bought a mini BBQ for when anyone is in our caravan in Wales, and after 7 years, it's still in the box!

My OH began coughing last night, so he has caught SOMETHING at the prize giving last Saturday - he will take a test later this morning. So it looks as if we won't be going to visit our son this weekend, which was put off last weekend <sigh>
  • Exciting to hear about the various ospreys now returning to nests in the UK. Another season of cam watching to look forward to!
  • I can't "like" your post LINDA because of the news of your OH's cough. Fingers crossed it is just that, a cough.
  • Well, he took the test and there's a faint line. He sounds croakey now (spelling?) and is busy messaging his friends. I've had to tell my hairdresser & cancel my appointment for today.

If only he hadn't gone to the prize giving on Saturday <sigh>

EDIT:  We've both had all the jabs so should be alright. His cousin had it not long ago and just had a heavy cold.

• LINDY - Yes, a faint T line should be read as positive, from what I understand. The slightly different form of covid is rife at the moment but as you say, maybe will feel like a heavy cold. Sending hugs x
  • Damp day today - no sign of sunshine, although J did walk to town. OH cleaned loung this morning, and should be washing plant pots and trays this aftrnoon. I am hoping to be pushed outside long enough to admire his work so far in the greenhouse. Now got confirmed date for chair delivery (plus new beds which we ordered at the same time), and carpet fitters have given us a date just after Easter.

AQ - here in Scotland, most covid restrictions end next week, except that masks will still be madatory on public transport and for indoor gatherings (just remove to eat and drink) until probably 4th April.

LINDA - sorry your OH has cough with +ve test. - hope he will soon be okay. Sorry about family visit cancellation yet again.