Llyn CLYWEDOG - March-June 2022

This nest is curated by John Williams of ©NaturalResourcesWales and the cams by Peter Dobson of CarnyxWild

Information courtesy of John Williams:

5F Seren hatched at nest K, Rutland, from parents Red 08 (m) and Yellow 30 (f).  Chris Wood, who volunteers at the Rutland osprey project, has been following her for at least 7  years to Tanji Marsh in the Gambia.  She has been at this nest with Dylan since 2020, after suffering abandonment by bigamist Aran at Pont Croesor.

Seren returned on 26 March 2022.

Dylan is unringed, he's been breeding at this nest since 2016, when he ousted dear Dai Dot.

CarnyxWild Wales YouTube Channel

The Clywedog Osprey Group (Facebook)

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    IDRIS with FISH !!! !!! !!!

Not a whopper - but he must have been starving and now Seren has to share this with the kiddies:

Ultra-brightened, so you can see the fish - not as small as it looked in descent:

Feed is finished already, I'll see what we can see.

IMAGICAT

• Pitiful effort by #3, we must hope Dylan manages to fish again this evening:

Oh!  Dylan is a hero Shark

This view doesn't do justice to its girth but it's the most "whole":

I can't stay to do video.

IMAGICAT

• Cathy said:
    You mean Dylan

Dang!  In my world they seem to be interchangeable - thank you for the correction, CATHY - there's no point me editing the mistake so I won't waste time on it, have already wasted lots this morning.

IMAGICAT

• 26 May cont'd

18:55 - #3 unable to get up:

Our hero!

19:45 - #3 was up but didn't get fed, AFAICS:

The second feed in the evening, #3 not doing well.  Unlisted because it's only for anyone needing to see every minute :-/

I lost the rest of the evening and the early hours of the night due to not "being here" for the cam changeover.

IMAGICAT

• 27 May

Dawn feed:

Seren @ 03:45

Second feed:

Dylan is about to descend and take the fish - too quick for a clear snap:

I have been very confused during these posts, trust there's nothing misleading here.

IMAGICAT

• The current scene, with Seren feeding herself and chicks and Dylan feeding himself and wanting to feed the chicks :-*

IMAGICAT

• I do wish someone else was watching, because I am unscientific and have allwed myself to become emotionally drained ever since we thought Dylan was missing... then a big UP, since then lots of DOWNS.
    Dylan is nearly feeding #3, but as he is not expert and #3 is wobbly... ... ... Purple heartPurple heartPurple heart 

IMAGICAT

• I hope you can see that this tiny morsel (from Seren) definitely went down the hatch:

Dotted line goes from Dylan's to #3's beak - the long strip of fish broke off and #3 dangled a shred for ages until it fell off:

A number of times I wondered how Dylan's efforts could have failed, like this one did Frowning2

And this morsel was stuck to the roof of #3's beak for absolutely ages, s/he didn't even realise it was there but continued begging:

05:52 feed:

There's been yet another feed since then and maybe it will have good news for us but I'm going to take a break.

IMAGICAT

• Didn't see any of yesterdays goings on, until I read your reports Scylla, it seems quite harrowing, glad Dylan re-appeared, and #3 has had some feed, appeared quite perky before I left for work early this am. I'll try and look in soon. Very grateful for all your hard work Scylla, much appreciated.