Llyn CLYWEDOG - March-June 2022

This nest is curated by John Williams of ©NaturalResourcesWales and the cams by Peter Dobson of CarnyxWild

Information courtesy of John Williams:

5F Seren hatched at nest K, Rutland, from parents Red 08 (m) and Yellow 30 (f).  Chris Wood, who volunteers at the Rutland osprey project, has been following her for at least 7  years to Tanji Marsh in the Gambia.  She has been at this nest with Dylan since 2020, after suffering abandonment by bigamist Aran at Pont Croesor.

Seren returned on 26 March 2022.

Dylan is unringed, he's been breeding at this nest since 2016, when he ousted dear Dai Dot.

.

CarnyxWild Wales YouTube Channel

The Clywedog Osprey Group (Facebook)

IMAGICAT | LG DAILY OBS

  • Great start off. Thank you
  • Thought you would like to know - Blue 5F (2012) - her mother Yellow 30 (2005) was seen again last month in Senegal , she has had 20 chicks up to 2021 , hopefully she returns this year .

    Valerie

  • In reply to Valerie:

    Valerie D said:
    Thought you would like to know - Blue 5F (2012) - her mother Yellow 30 (2005) was seen again last month in Senegal , she has had 20 chicks up to 2021 , hopefully she returns this year .

    Wow! 20! As a matter of interest does anyone know if there are stats anywhere like a league table of Ospreys with prodigious numbers of offspring?

    Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

  • I fear not CRinger.  I used to follow Sue C's table which was excellent, but as far as I can tell that hasn't been updated for a few years.  You can see one version, here.

    Chloe and Tiger's web page covers several nests over recent years and is a very useful reference point, here.

    Pete Dee also has a very useful site, here

    Both Chloe and also Pete's sites have so much information, but you need to dig under each heading.

    Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

  • In reply to SheilaFE:

    SheilaFE said:

    I fear not CRinger.  I used to follow Sue C's table which was excellent, but as far as I can tell that hasn't been updated for a few years.  You can see one version, here.

    Chloe and Tiger's web page covers several nests over recent years and is a very useful reference point, here.

    Pete Dee also has a very useful site, here

    Both Chloe and also Pete's sites have so much information, but you need to dig under each heading.

    That sort of thing SHOULD exist for Ospreyholics. Hmmm I think it would take a lot of work, but I believe I might have just found my next long term research project!

    Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

  • Thanks for the new thread, Scylla. Fingers crossed that we will manage to visit Clywedog this year.

    Kind regards, Ann

  • In reply to Gardenbirder:

    Gardenbirder said:
    Thanks for the new thread, Scylla. Fingers crossed that we will manage to visit Clywedog this year.

    What new thread ?????????? Can't finedit  no how.   Is the cam even live yet please  /

  • In reply to Cirrus:

    Cirrus said:
    What new thread ??????????

    This one, daft 'apeth

    Cirrus said:
    Is the cam even live yet please 

    I'm not answering that, because I despair.

    See y'all later

    IMAGICAT | LG DAILY OBS

  • Oh Groan, Scylla's making fun of me. I'm in despair now. There was no link in the comment! Just ''This one''. Well, what one? Carnyx  has nothing. Just 2021 stuff

    I can only suppose it  isn't  live yet

  • No it is not yet live. John Williams and Pete from Carnyx did some preparatory work last week, and have some more to do. Indications are that there may be 2 cameras this year, but don't quote me. We need to remember that this site is very remote, and has no visitor centre and no mains power. Solar panels supply all the power for the cameras and the data transmission.

    When there is an update about a go live for the feed I will of course let you all know.