BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2022

All the HISTORY of Balgavies Loch Ospreys can be found at the start of the 2019 THREAD. 

It is a SWT Nature Reserve near Forfar, Angus, Scotland.    There is no webcam on the nest, and there is no Visitor Centre, only a small Hide with limited car parking spaces. 

They have a FACEBOOK Page - LINK HERE

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2021

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2020

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2019

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2018

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2017

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2016

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2015

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS - 2014

The nest failed in 2020 and 2019 but the new male KR3 and Unringed female returned in 2021 and raised 3 chicks. 

• I agree RICHARD. It was the LG nest which originally brought us all here 15 or so years ago, but since then most people have migrated to FB, so I have every sympathy with Mary. This nest is quite special to her. Hardly anyone posts on the LG nest now for a variety of reasons which I feel very sad about. Even the RSPB has forgotten about us.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I think the YouTube 'chats ' have harmed this forum. So sorry for everyone, there has been some lovely virtual friendships made over the years.
    I do hope this little one is ok, and the parents cope. What a dreadful thing to happen. This is the second one we known about this season.
  • Mary, I am really sorry you feel this way but do understand as I often feel why do I bother posting on Manton Bay as I'm mostly just speaking to myself these days.

But sadly, just as Richard and Sheila have pointed out, other threads too are seeing less posts - Glaslyn and Dyfi just two that immediately come to mind but rest assure, Darren's photos are appreciated as are your updates.

I know I have not been around as much this season, my heart just isn't in it but I know I speak from my heart and for all other posters here that we sincerely hope that everything works out OK here for this osprey family, Balgavies and also for you as we know just how much this special place means to you.
  • Have only just read about this nest collapsing. How awful for the Ospreys and for everyone who cares about Ospreys. Hope the chick is ok. Mary, I feel for you especially, since I know this nest means so much to you. Sorry that I have not posted here recently but unfortunately I have a lot of other things I need to concentrate on this season, sadly, and furthermore it seems to take far longer to do anything at all these days--isn't aging fun?--Lol! I hope that at some point you will feel like giving us an update on this situation, please.

Kind regards, Ann

• So sorry for you, Mary, and Darren and all who follow this nest. His photos are stunning and deserve much more appreciation. Apologies for not responding adequately. I do hope the osprey family will be OK.

I have been feeling the same about the Poole thread, but will continue to post updates as it is at least a record for me on this forum of what is a historic year for us.

I also sincerely hope that Patily is OK, as I know that she appreciates everyone's efforts to post.
  • Hoping for a good outcome now.
    The chick was captured and placed on a platform after being fed.
    Hopefully the parents will carry on feeding until it properly fledges and departs.

Richard B

• Thank you for the update Richard.

• Thanks Richard and another update

Great effort here and fantastic to read the chick, who has been ringed Blue 640 has fledged.

Looking promising.  Fingers crossed things continue to go well here

• Thanks for the update. Hope someone will report if they see the parents feeding the chick.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you Karen for posting the update. It's all sounding quite positive now I feel. What an amazing effort and cooperation from all sorts of folk.