LOCH GARTEN - FEEDBACK ON YOUR MUG ORDERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Can I be so bold as to start this new thread for the most iconic Osprey nest in the world?

Hopefully if the season progresses the way all of us would like it can be changed to a monthly, weekly then daily threads!

Question: are we having a sweepstake for the first confirmed sighting of a bird on the nest this year? If so I will get my prediction in now - 21st March 7.53 am Osprey without a fish.

We can only hope that we shall be able to witness it ourselves via a camera rather than having to read a report.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• oh for crying out . We could hardly see A and who? they were at such a distance. How are we to know they are even the same couple !! Sorry, please be kind to me , I need more info. What on earth did I miss ????? I must have been off planet.
    PS I actually love the name Mistle
  • Thank you Scylla. You never know your guess could just be the date!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• scylla said:

The couple were on the nest together on 10 May, then on the 11th we reported that they'd disappeared.  Axel visited on 19 May and 23 June.  Those dates could be a day late because they're my upload dates

Thanks scylla. You amaze me again with the amount and depth of knowledge at your fingertips!!

Shame it was relatively early in the season leaving both birds time to go prospecting elsewhere. 

Still, as we know, the LG nest in Osprey terms, is a valuable commodity. I hope it held up to whatever winter threw at it well.

Good luck with your guess. (Not really - I want to keep them for myself. Oops! I just let slip the prize is a pair!)

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• March 24th at 11am without a fish.

Great to see a new thread & beginning to feel positive about the new season Fingers crossed
  • Unknown said:
    oh for crying out . We could hardly see A and who? they were at such a distance. How are we to know they are even the same couple !!

As far as we know, it'll be a whole new streaming setup - Carnyx no longer involved, but as usual, information from LG is greyed out (that means not quite blacked out).

Even with last season's setup they were able to zoom from the PTZ - if only someone was on duty to do it.  See the great close-up of the couple under CRinger's OP - if only I could remember where I got it Unamused 

We're in the LG forums and we're pretending that it's going to be a proper LG Osprey season, inspired by the fabulous duo-prize offered by CRINGER.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

We're in the LG forums and we're pretending that it's going to be a proper LG Osprey season, inspired by the fabulous duo-prize offered by CRINGER.

More details - and if you are lucky, PICTURES - of the prize on Thursday ENTER YOUR GUESS NOW BEFORE THE 1ST OSPREY LANDS ON THE NEST!

• SCYLLA - A beautiful photo of this iconic nest and one you will treasure forever Heart

© RSPB LOCH GARTEN & CARNYX

• My guess: Monday, 21st March (the first day of World Osprey Week) at 10:05 - with fish

Many thanks for your generosity, CRinger.
  • Sandra P said:
    My guess: Monday, 21st March (the first day of World Osprey Week) at 10:05 - with fish

Wow! My birthday is the first day of World Osprey week! How cool is that? 

• Hi Sandra, presume you mean AM?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.