LOCH GARTEN - FEEDBACK ON YOUR MUG ORDERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Can I be so bold as to start this new thread for the most iconic Osprey nest in the world?

Hopefully if the season progresses the way all of us would like it can be changed to a monthly, weekly then daily threads!

Question: are we having a sweepstake for the first confirmed sighting of a bird on the nest this year? If so I will get my prediction in now - 21st March 7.53 am Osprey without a fish.

We can only hope that we shall be able to witness it ourselves via a camera rather than having to read a report.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• PAM & PATILY HAVE GUESSED TOMORROW 25TH GOOD LUCK

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Waiting with baited breath and fingers crossed!
  • Lynn L said:

Good luck everyone, I really hope one of us is lucky and has picked the correct date and will get the must have prize that CRinger has so kindly gifted.

Scylla                       Sunday               20th March     @      09.30am        Fish
    CRinger                   Monday              21st March     @      07.53am        No fish
    Sandra                     Monday              21st March     @      10.05am        Fish
    Korky                       Wednesday        23rd March     @        2.40pm        No fish
    Catlady                    Wednesday        23rd March     @        3.30pm        No fish
    Bluesky2                 Thursday            24th March     @       11.00am       No fish
    Pam                         Friday                  25th March     @       07.30am       No fish
    Patily                        Friday                 25th March     @       09.50pm       No fish
    Gardebnbirder        Sunday               27th March     @       10.00am       No fish
    CC                            Monday              28th March     @       12.00am       No fish
    Cirrus                      Wednesday         30th March     @         4.30pm       Fish
    JaneV                      Friday                    1st  April       @          2.15pm       No fish
    Nelliethehooker     Saturday               2nd April       @        13.25pm       No fish
    SheilaFE                 Saturday              10th April        @        10.42am       No fish
    Karen                      Wednesday         13th April        @          2.30pm       Fish
    MaryGK                  Friday                   15th April        @        15.02pm      No fish
    Ailie                         Saturday             16th April        @         19.03pm      No fish                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

WOW! Unless anyone makes a guess that arrival is immenent looks like Gardenbirder has over a 2 day window all to themselves!

Good luck to all!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Good morning all, well the post should have read!!!

GARDERBIRDER HAS GUESSED TODAY GOOD LUCK

BUT WHO FORGOT TO PUT HER CLOCKS ON!!!!!!

Sitting having breakfast hubby and I at 9.30, came on to post Ann's guess and could not work out why tablet was a different time, looking at the clock and timers in the kitchen, all hour different, then the penny dropped, clock forward last night, neither remembered. So sorry Ann Pensive

• Lynn L said:
    BUT WHO FORGOT TO PUT HER CLOCKS ON!!!!!!

I'm nearly 100% automated, and that's just as well Stuck out tongue

IMAGICAT

• Ah, well, it is now definitely not the 27th, whether or not you go by current time or GMT! Looks like I'm out of luck--sigh...unless by 12am CC means midnight between the 28th and the 29th in which case I might have a few more hours of grace, but I imagine noon on the 28th is the most likely time meant since most Ospreys arrive during daylight hours. And no apology is needed, Catlady, I do not take offence that readily and usually think whatever it was it was not intentional or they were having a bad day or were sleep deprived or something. I do have a few sensitive spots but luckily not as many as some. I have encountered a few folks whose chief hobby seems to be searching for opportunities to feel offended and if they can feel embarrassed simultaneously, so much the better it seems--they are not my favourite people.

Edit:  Just had a thought--Please may I win if an Osprey appears on the LG nest just before the last possible second in the very last time zone to go to the 28th?!  LOL!

Kind regards, Ann

• No, I have requested it be corrected to be NOON on March 28 no fish, which was the intention of my original guess!

Unknown said:
    unless by 12am CC means midnight between the 28th and the 29th in which case I might have a few more hours of grace, but I imagine noon on the 28th is the most likely time meant since most Ospreys arrive during dayli

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Oh well, it was worth a try! Good luck, CC!

Kind regards, Ann

• CC HAS GUESSED TODAY GOOD LUCK

• I think CC was the nearest guess - over to adjudicator Catlady to confirm!