GLASLYN OSPREY - 2022 SEASON

(Last season's 153-page mega-thread.)

We look forward to MrsG and Aran's return with even more eagerness and anxiety than usual.

Guestimated due dates per ©UKOspreys.uk

GLASLYN YOUTUBE CHANNEL - where the latest live stream link can always be found.

IMAGICAT

• Brilliant news, which I read on FB. What an Osprey!! Fingers crossed now for a mate worthy of her!
  • Lindybird said:
    Fingers crossed now for a mate worthy of her!

I was thinking, if I screamed when I saw MrsG land, I'll explode at Aran's touch-down Rofl 

Anyone else nervous?  (Too put it mildly!)

IMAGICAT

• Have just read the news Was shoutng out with joy Now shedding tears of happiness What a wonderful, wonderful, remarkable lady she is Belated welcome Mrs G
    Hope Aran will join her soomfor another successful year Og Iwish I could give her abig hug
  • Thanks, everyone, for all of the pics and comments. Been busy most of the last few days swapping between several cams on YouTube. Came back to the computer from an early lunch yesterday and was annoyed to find I had not left the Glaslyn YT site up but was on another site and not even any other live cam!--drat! (Or as my mother would say, "Dag nabbit!") Quickly switched to Glaslyn YT, took one look at an Osprey on the nest and just grinned--it's Mrs G!!! Hooray!!! She's getting on a bit and I was not at all sure she would appear this year. Now for Aran and all of the others to arrive, fingers crossed.

Kind regards, Ann

• 27 March

MrsG arrived not long after daycam settled on the cam - she stayed for over an hour, flinching at the corvids and being dazzled by the sun.

MrsG and her fish, awkward morsel, awkward corvid:

She was back on the nest around 18:00, stayed about an hour doing nothing much, flew off before nightcam kicked in.

IMAGICAT

• LS went down a few moments ago but is now back.

NEW LINK:- www.youtube.com/watch
  • Thank you very much, Mike :)))

(That feels familiar today ;) )

Thank goodness I checked before packing up - but at this rate I ain't going to produce much from all these streams anyway!

IMAGICAT

• 19:00 Just one of some beautiful close-ups of Mrs G 

On the nest with a flounder

©BGGW

• I haven't done any Glaslyn but this caught my eye just after midnight - Heather was focused on MrsG but noticed something... I don't know if there's been discussion about it earlier, this is just a knee-jerk vid - and the preview thumbnail is the most dramatic it gets:

CHAT:

12:51 AMHeather Corfield
    They are two fires.

12:51 AMMB_akNo way to start the season that's for sure. Mrs. G seems unaffected at present thank heavens.

12:51 AMTracey FisherThey do Heather, shame there isn't any rain

12:52 AMOscar GrantThanks Heather.

12:52 AMHeather Corfield
    There were several in the area today but these two appear out of control. They are a distance from the nest, the one is nearer the Visitor Centre than the nest.

12:53 AMKari BuschThe feather are blowing in the wind... Yes, we will have some days with cold weather now - UK get it first, then we in Noway follows 

12:53 AMMB_akHow far away are the fires? Hard to tell with the zoom.

12:54 AMHeather Corfield
    Probably a mile to two miles.

12:55 AMMB_akThanks Heather.

12:57 AMOscar GrantFire services expecting to be active at least until later today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CAM WENT DOWN @ ABOUT 03:25 or a bit before.

IMAGICAT