Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 2 March. I can't wait for SPRING!

The coyotes are yipping and howling every night now. It's their mating season.

Best wishes to everyone!

• Diane - hope you manage to finish your paperwork.

Annette - do hope you will be able to return home soon to OH but you are doing a marvelous job looking after your dau.

Lindybird - enjoy your break in Wales.
  • OG - pleased to hear that you have new chairs coming and that they will take away the old ones.
    Will be popping along to Oakley Mobility next weekend to look at adjustable beds and scooters to help me with my mobility as I find it hard to walk any distance and also bed is getting uncomfortable now. At least they will take the old bed away and am going to ask if they will take our other bed away as well - can only ask even if it means paying them to do so.

Pat O - sounds like you have had 2 good runs out despite the weather. Often its nice to get out despite inclement weather because you can still sit in the car and look at the scenery.

Heather - see you have been doing some renovations, hope all ok now.

Weather down here has been dull, cloudy and light rain.
  • HARELADY: I'm glad you didn't have a fracture, but I've heard that rotator cuff injuries are very painful. I hope it will heal quickly.

(Also, a while back you asked me for some photos of my patch. I'll try to take some with my phone, but I'll wait until closer to spring. Right now, my land looks utterly desolate. No flowers blooming here yet, and nothing green at all.)

OG: So glad you've ordered the chairs. Hope they arrive on time.

LINDY: Have a great time in Wales. Your photos are lovely!
  • Hi everyone. Am heading home tomorrow, but expect to be back here at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Harelady: I have three small tears in my left rotator cuff that I got four years ago from hauling a cart full of horse manure over uneven ground.. The doc seemed pessimistic about an operation (6-8 weeks of no movement), but I opted physical therapy and can pretty much do anything I did before except work with loppers or the hedge-trimmer overhead for more than 30 minutes. I still do the exercises, just to be be sure. It's a question of getting the surrounding muscles strong enough to take the strain off the shoulder. Good luck!
  • PAT: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I thought I included this in my earlier post, but I just realized I didn't. So I'm typing in bed. Enjoy your cake!

ANNETTE: Have a safe journey home.
  • PAT – I enjoyed my tour with you. When I drove over a rise and first saw those Sussex cliffs (not sure if it was exactly Beachy Head), I was so stunned I pulled to the side of the road. Oops, a bus stop! Even now on TV I find them stunning. PS Happy birthday.

• An expert is someone who can take something you already know and make it sound confusing.

The instructions are usually what you read to find out where you went wrong

We repair what your husband fixed. (sign on plumber’s van)

• Good Morning - or should that be Brrr!! We've just had our coldest night ever, here. How I wished I had put my woolly hat on in bed! All the cars are white over this morning. Its working its way up to 3 degrees and I'm just going to eat breakfast with a hot water bottle in my lap, and a hat on.

AQ - Thanks for the quotes -- my OH is the middle one & only looks for instructions after he's failed at putting something together or failed to get it to work.

• Lynette D said:
    Snowdonia in the background? Lindybird.

No, Lynette, just some small "mountains" (we were told they're just hills) in front of us on our walk. But Snowdonia range, on my left shoulder, was completely swathed in clouds and not worth photographing.