Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 2 March. I can't wait for SPRING!

The coyotes are yipping and howling every night now. It's their mating season.

Best wishes to everyone!

• Gosh Pat O, let us know when you hear from your friend.  Sorry the pancakes were so skimpy.

AQ;  I was watching video yesterday of the bridge where cars and horses where stranded at the highest point.  I gather they were eventually rescued.   Hope all is back to normal soon with daughter and the trio.

Lindybird:  What are those flowers in the second photo?

The news from here is that daughter is back in rehab for a couple of weeks having fractured her hip while being too ambitious at home. Granddaughter had left for a few minutes to drop Ms.D at school bus so isn't clear on what happened and daughter is insisting she wasn't doing anything much.  It's been a tad stressful so yesterday I told granddaughter I was going to treat myself to a book I'd seen at Costco. She said she'd seen a book she wanted there too but had decided it was a unnecessary splurge that day. I got both.  While I was at Costco, Gd picked up Ms D. from school and asked what she'd like to do for an hour and Ms D  said she'd really like to go to the library, so we all went off to bed early last night to read.  

Off to make a to-do list...

• Pat - I do hope your friend is alright, and has just lost the internet connection.

Annette, sorry your daughter is still having problems, hope you will still feel you can go home soon and leave her in capable hands. The flowers are Christmas Roses, so called: really hellebore. I have some white ones too but think the dark pink are stunning.

Drizzly here and a bit grey. Popped out for milk and bread. My OH has been doing things I put on his To Do List - including sorting out the handle on the bathroom door which has been noisy of late. He also mended a hole in the plaster above the bed which needed filling and painting. In spite of putting a dust sheet over the bed, he still managed to leave broken plaster all over the place, but I'm just glad he can mend things!! Saves us a lot of pennies.

Now he's grumpily looking at the weather for tomorrow, & hoping it won't stop his golf game. I hope so, too, as I'd rather pack our last stuff without him under my feet!

• AQ- I always read the recipes in papers and magazines, hoping for some quick and easy ones. I have a huge collection of recipe cuttings, most of which I never use!!

Some of my clothes parcels have arrived, and they vary greatly-- some are just as nice as I'd hoped, so I'm very pleased, and others are "Whoa, that's going straight back!"

• Today's pics:

More of the extent of the snowdrops, which have been wonderful this year.

• Annette-sorry your daughter has suffered an injury. I hope this doesn't set her back too much. It really would be handier for everyone if they lived closer. I wish her a speedy recovery!

• I was interrupted by Sue arriving to borrow some books. We gave her a mug of tea but no biscuits as we all feel guilty now, after pancake day!!

The camellia is nearly all out,  now. Its much taller than me!!

• Hi, all!

Annette: I'm so very sorry that your daughter has fractured a hip. A terrible turn of events. I hope her hip will heal rapidly and she can continue her recovery from COVID. Sending you strength.

Harelady: I hope you are healing from your fall. I know you were experiencing some issues (trouble sleeping, fatigue, etc.) even before your injury. I also hope you were able to enjoy your time with your family. Sending you good energy. 

AQ: I hope your granddaughter won't have any lingering symptoms and the family will stay healthy and return to normalcy. I was so sorry to read about the terrible floods in Australia. 

Pat: I hope your Aussie friend is okay. 

OG: Oh, dear! I'm so sorry about the chair failure. I hope you will get a new one promptly and it'll be grand to sit in. 

Lindy: Your poems were lovely! So touching. Loved your flower photos. 

I'm sorry to everyone that I've left out. I have some critical paperwork that I'm taking care of, so I haven't posted much. I've been reading your news, though, and wish you all well.

Has anyone heard from Clare and Limpy? Hope they both are okay.

• If we do not abolish war on this earth, then surely one day war will abolish us from the earth. (Harry Truman)

The only guarantee of a long peace between two states is mutual impotence to harm one another. (Duc de Levis)

War remains the decisive human failure. (John Kenneth Galbraith)

• Thanks you Diane for your thoughts. I did make it to London on Sunday but the driving did not help my shoulder so on Monday I called the doctors and he asked me to come to the surgery.

The physio there thought I may have a small fracture so I had to go to hospital for an xray. Thankfully no fracture but they said its a rotator cuff injury and the pain is similar when you have a broken rib so thats why coughing and sneezing hurts so much.  Just needs time and painkillers and maybe some physio.

Lindy have a great time in Wales. Annette sorry to hear your Daughter has an injury. AQ Hope the floods are subsiding. Love the quotes as always. OG hope you have chosen the new chair.

To everyone else, I have run out of time as I start work at 8am, so best wished to all.

• Good Morning. Damp and grey here, but although we're away for the weekend, we're optimistic as the weather forecast is for dry skies after today.

Harelady, I've put 'like' on your post as its nice to hear from you, but sorry that you've been in such pain and are having to battle on with it. Do hope it improves soon.

Diane, same goes for you, good to hear from you. I hope things are going well there.

AQ - We only get intermittent reports on the dreadful floods in your part of the world, due to the war situation elsewhere, but I hope people there are coping and the rain stops.