Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have survived Storm Eunice with yourselves and your property intact.

Have a wonderful, joyful week!

• ANNETTE - Can't remember if you got any feedback about the dog involved in mauling the smaller dog ?
    Safe journey to Arizona.
    LINDY - I hope that you get an appointment soon. Not good :-( Is your OH feeling better about Sue and the cruise?
    OG - yes, I hope that J gets some work soon.

• Heather: I had a phone conversation with Sue yesterday and it's plain that she doesn't realise how much she's upset both of us - I won't go into it here but I wish we hadn't asked her to join us, as its turned out. Very difficult situation and one with money involved. I did point out that if she now rebooks to go another time, not much will have changed as regards the covid situation, as its here for years now.
  • Pat: I have a couple of friends who exchange 'real' letters with me, and a cousin, too. I wrote a three page one only the other day!
  • Hello all and thanks Diane for starting us off. Safe journey to all that are venturing out and about.

I hope you all survived the storms and high winds. I do so feel for the poor people that are flooded out yet again.

I was due to go to my Sons for Lily's 2nd birthday on Sunday, but on Saturday I took a tumble in the bathroom and hit my right shoulder blade against the edge of the bath and smacked my hand on the tiled wall. This, plus the wind closing 2 high bridges that I have to travel over - the Orwell Bridge in Ipswich and the Quuen Elizabeth Bridge at Dartford Crossing, I did not make it.

Have had pain ever since especially when trying to sleep and get dressed, so if no better tomorrow I will call the doctors. I do feel like an old crock at the moment :(

I will attemp the visit to Sons on Saturday.

All my family and friends are longing for Spring and warmer weather (sorry AQ!) we just want to feel the sun on our faces.

I hope you all have a good week and I look forward to reading all you news.

• HARELADY - I'm so sorry about your fall, please let us know how things go x
    LINDY - I think that fear of covid has caused a huge amount of psychological problems which may have long-lasting effects for some folk, impacting on enjoyment of life, which is so sad.
  • HARELADY Sorry to hear you have had a fall. Hope you feel better soon and can visit family at the weekend.
  • So sorry that you've had a fall, Harelady, and it's also spoilt your plans. Hope you can manage your family visit. Do please see the Doc if you're still in pain, even if only to confirm that it's just muscle sprain.

It certainly is sad to see places like the city of York partly under water. And your heart goes out to those who've endured flooding in the past couple of years, only to have it happen again this week.
  • Quick look in. Had a good smile at some posts and sending commiserations to those frustrated, exasperated and otherwise not in top form!

Heather: Got waylaid and didn't find out about that dog; but I'm sure someone will clue me in at some point.

Arrive safe but tired after a fast drive that somehow seemed to take longer. Go figure. Must remove props from eyelids and call it a night.

Take care everyone!
  • HARELADY – I hope you recover quickly and are able to drive to visit Lily & family. Our weather is warming up again this week but we have had a relatively mild summer in SA (unlike West Aussieland with multiple 40-plus days).

ANNETTE – Good you arrived safely. Now don’t overdo the chores; make some holiday time for yourself!

I met a travel acquaintance in supermarket this morn; she too is wary of restrictions easing too soon and is reluctant to go out for more than essentials. I visited Chemist for our usual scripts and the girl volunteered 2 RAT tests. As pensioners we are entitled to 8 free over 3 months. (Dau has to pay $15 each.) MissL has recovered, s-i-l had a headache for a few days but has tested negative with a RAT test. Perhaps caused by noise of the Trio? I received some photos with attached note – “Three "talented" children practicing juggling in a room full of Lego. What could go wrong?”

• Just a thought

A man should always consider how much he has more than he wants. (Joseph Addison)