Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. 

If anyone wants to play Wordle more than once a day, you can play for free HERE at Wordle Unlimited. I've been playing on this site and haven't had any trouble. It was recommended by Forbes Magazine (a reputable website).

• AQ and all
    Yes, there is a mediation service available - unfortunately the lady next door is, to put it kindly, mentally vulnerable, in my honest opinion. She sees herself as a victim and it showed very much in the long poem that she sent to my daughter. A lot of the things she said have no basis in reality. My daughter is torn between moving or staying. Along with the rest of the family, I think that she should move. I can't see that anything will change ; there have apparently been many complaints about the dog etc long before my daughter moved there. I could say a lot more but will just leave it there !
  • Good Morning. Many sympathies to Heather and her daughter: I think you're right, and these things never end well. Its possible that this woman had had problems before with neighbours and its given her a complex of being victimised. Best to get away and start afresh, even though it's very annoying and expensive

AQ - Shame your OH can't have a daily walk and perhaps a coffee with someone- he needs to get out to break up his humdrum day. Very difficult for you.

The saga of our son's visit continues: Naturally I would love to see them, and it's ages since our d. in law came here as last year we mostly visited them, plus son came with Amber a couple of times. But yes, it's worrying that we might catch the virus if Amber is still harbouring it. She may have had it for a while but its not known. Also an ongoing argument with my OH about where and when we should all eat out, but that's another story.... sigh. Wishing already that it was the middle of next week!!
  • Lindy - Your poem is lovely. Thank you so much. Would you give me permission to use it in the church's weekly news sheet which I edit? It would be anonymous, of course - but it's well worth sharing more widely.

Sorry there are still doubts about the family's visit. I've heard of so many people getting Omicron even though they are triple jabbed - personally, I'm taking no chances and still living like a hermit.

Heather - So sorry to hear about your daughter's problems. Hope she will be able to find somewhere else quickly. I wonder if you were listening to World Service early this morning when there was a talk on constipation (not a particularly riveting subject any time, and especially not in the middle of the night!!) The music behind it was a Beethoven Piano Concerto and I was trying to blank out the speech so I could listen to the music!
  • Heather - Amazing what we hear in the middle of the night!!
  • Yes, agree! Sometimes more interesting than others :-)
  • Pat - Of course you can use it - no problem. :-) Once things are on here I think they're out there in the ether & not my property any more!

Our Eldest just rang, and as Amber is still showing a faint line on the test, they've decided against coming. Naturally, I'm sort of disappointed and relieved all at the same time!!
  • I can understand your feelings, LINDY. You were worried about contacts at the funeral last week - the last thing you need is to have the same thoughts all over again.

• LINDA – a lovely piece about the Robin! You seem to have adjusted your feelings about the family coming up this weekend – I hope all will be well. … …. Just seen this mornings update: better to be safe than sorry – and to know you are safe.

ANNETTE – definitely a calmer day Wednesday – we all agreed we had a good day! More cleaning here today – of course, that doesn’t involve me, I am just the supervisor.

Bacon pancakes for lunch – I think J will cook them as usual.
  • Tried to take a pic of our robin today, and in the bright sunshine we're having- of course, it turned out to be the one day when he sat in a tree and didn't come down!

Went to town to take back some shoes I'd bought (I know......I have enough!) and deeply regretted wearing only a light jacket with no gloves as it was a bitter wind in the springlike sunshine. Good job I had a warm sweater underneath, and a scarf!

Bought some hyacinth bulbs growing in a pot, to cheer us up in a week or two. Didn't see a soul I know as I walked around the town. Several new shops have opened so best of luck to them as often they only last a few months before having to give up due to high rents and rates.