Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• Happy Birthday, Annette - hope you have a lovely day.
  • CC: I hauled 4 sacks of groceries from the little general store. Then, I want to the convenience store on the highway and bought 2 gallon jugs of water and some Mountain Dew (necessity!). Then, I saw my neighbor struggling to pull a wagon full of creek sand through the woods to her house (to put in her car's trunk/boot for traction on the snow/ice). She's 72 and in poor health, so I pulled the wagon for her. So, I reckon I'm officially recovered. Good thing I bought food. It's snowing hard. I live on a line where 3 rural counties meet, and the Sheriffs' Departments are closing our roads now, declaring a state of emergency. Indiana isn't prepared to handle a storm this big, like you folks further north.

R.T. Hawk just screamed at me. He and his mate were flying back into the flood plain. I suspect they're going to shelter under the old railroad trestle until this is over.

Stay safe, CC. Hello, all.

• Happy Birthday ANNETTE. . . or rather Happy Birthweek.

Short escape this morn for some photos. Grrr, it was rubbish bin day, thus spoiling street view of un-stately homes. Never mind, I stocked up on goodies at bakery. Later long phone chat with Dau. Day 2 of home-schooling and she was in rant mode. I’ll explain tomorrow. I am giving her R&R next week – when she has dental appt!

• Housework is for people who don’t know how to garden.

Instead of cleaning the house I just watch an episode of Hoarders and think, “well my house looks great!”

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. (Erma Bombeck)

• Good Morning. Happy to hear from Diane and bjane, and hoping they'll be OK in the bad weather. Good that you got in some supplies, Diane.

We have the funeral to go to, today, and I have mixed feelings: it will be nice to chat to people we've not seen for ages, but on the other hand, a lot of the guests will have been to the big birthday party last week and if they caught the virus there, they'll be ready to pass it on, now :-(
  • Sorry not to get back on sooner. OH did get home on Monday early evening. He was a bit tired and in a little discomfort. He has been to the RNI to have his dressing changed and they were happy with how things were. He goes back for another change tomorrow and has the stitches out on Monday.
  • Good grief, Diane. 4 sacks of groceries, gallons of liquid, AND pulling wagons of sand. It sounds like the Olympics. You must have sinews of steel and a cardio system to beat the band. Yes, I'd say you are recovered! My back is still recuperating from having shoveled my neighbor out weeks ago, and I might have to do it again today! Snow is coming fast and furious, so after my coffee, I'm headed out to clear away the first inches to make way for the next shovelings. The town plows our streets, so we are lucky.

Yesterday I took a walk in the country during a beautiful day and saw the lovely, exotic and elusive snowy owl. This weather is nothing for it, as it breeds well north of us.

snowy owl

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Happy Birthday Annette!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs