Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• Happy Birthday, Annette!

Kind regards, Ann

• Morning all and THANK YOU ALL for bday wishes.  I'm awash in flowers, goodies, and offers of lunch out when I feel like it.  :-)   Am going out to dinner with OH tonight - we haven't been out for months and months.   Just got a text from granddaughter's ex-boyfriend (a guy I really liked) from four years back!  He's a paramedic/ER nurse and was a wonderful source of support for granddaughter when my daughter was first ill with Covid.  The world is full of such nice people.  :-)

Diane:  Good Lord - no wonder all you cold-weather people are so hardy, lugging cart loads of sand around the fields! .  Good that you felt better to the point you could help your neighbor.

AQ:  Great sayings - I especially like the first one.  Lucky daughter - gets a day off to go to the dentist - I think.  

Lindybird:  Hope you wore your masks and managed to stay a polite distance.  

dibnlib:  Good your OH is on the mend; hope it's not worn you out.

CC: Spectacular photo of the owl - what a gorgeous creature.  Ugh re the snow. Take care of your back

Off to do Not Much today.  May go down to the ocean to say Hallo.  

• CC - Love the snowy owl, a gorgeous creature.

Annette - Nice to hear that you're enjoying a bit of spoiling on your birthday. Seem to remember that one time, you were due to go out to dinner with your OH and it had to be postponed. Enjoy your meal.

Yes, we wore our masks as did approximately half of the mourners at the tiny Chapel. There were more mourners than I expected, though, and all of them came to the refreshments afterwards, at a Sports club venue. The doors were held open to allow fresh air inside, but of course after half an hour someone closed them as they said it was draughty. I tried not to be physical, but was hugged by several people. :-(

• Wow Diane - just see weather report for your area - please hunker down and take care. Hope your power stays on.

Thoughts with everyone dealing with weather and other issues.

• CC: That owl photo is glorious. Finally seeing a snowy owl one day is on my bucket list. Thanks for posting. 

Lindy: Oh, dear. I hope you were able to fend off any germs. 

Annette: Enjoy your meal!

Harelady: Yup. All the roads around me are now closed. It's only legal for emergency vehicles to travel now, and only the hospitals are still open. It's still snowing hard here.

• Happy Birthday Annette. Enjoy your meal.

I was reluctant to add my tales of woe to all the problems some of you are having.
    My OH is having health problems also, requiring several hospital visits to various departments, including A & E.

Glad that you have recovered, DIANE. I am sure your neighbour was delighted that she met you.

CC, That is a beautiful owl picture.

Hello to everyone on here. Good to hear all the news. Good quotes today, AQ.
  • Limited classes started at school this week. However the Trio are in classes that have to be home schooled for 2 weeks. Eech day individually they have to log in for roll call 9-9.30 am. Mummy can’t cheat as each child has to answer a question. Yesterday – what is your favourite fruit? MissJ dithered & pondered. “Hurry up, I have to log you out and log next one in”.
    Lesson for the day for twins – Think of “er” words and put them a sentence. This includes “aw’, “au’, etc sounds. Dau sent them to separate rooms so no copying! MissL came up with 3 in one. “The bird chirps on the fern.” Meanwhile Miss10 has to think of “j” words that one can sit on. I must try that next time I can’t sleep. Jam Jelly. Hm, I’m not doing very well.

• Just a thought

The best thing you can give someone is a chance.

• Good Morning. Slept badly after going to bed exhausted from a busy day. Also can't get over the worry that we've seen too many people at once, yesterday- one or two kept masks on throughout but most seemed blithely unaware that there was a virus going around, and a very transmissable one, at that!

Said to Sue this morning that it seems to be forgotten that my OH has had several bad experiences with lung problems (plurisy, pneumonia twice....) and that he's nearer 80 than 70 now, even though he looks very well. Wish we had just gone home after the service.. .