Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week! Stay safe, everyone. 

• Just a thought

If you are afraid to be strong then you deserve to be weak.

• Agree about the clowning around, AQ.

Fingers crossed for Ash Barty!
  • Fingers crossed LINDY, that your new light fitting is fine ! I'm sorry that you can't find a worktop that you like.
    OG - good that you and EE are OK now.
    AQ - sil in an aparthotel in Melbourne. He has a kitchen and washing machine....Sorry about the mess on the tiles. I'd be very surprised if your OH has head lice !
  • LINDY - good for you to get a country walk! Sorry worktops were not suitable.

A very short rainshower an hour ago - but mostly sunshine today. Meat loaf for dinner. Finished Christmas letters at last so been tidying my desk as J intends to clean study tomorrow.

Eight sleeps to haircut!  Liking it long, but it is a nuisance so shall go ahead with the full chop!

• I see Ash Barty got through to the Final of the tennis!

Have had a mixed day: fought with my desktop this morning, which was working like swimming through porridge, then it froze the screen altogether. I retaliated by unplugging it from the mains. ..." See how you like that!" I cried! It seems to have reset itself now.

Then spent over an hour putting the world to rights on the phone. Realised that in the whole morning, all I had achieved was washing a few face masks out & putting them on the line. <sigh>

My OH has put right the plaster around the new light fitting, and then painted over it all. Perhaps we are finally nearing the end of the saga. Wish I'd never bought the darned thing!
  • LINDY - I've not achieved much today, either ! It's OK, that's what retirement is all about :-)
  • Not sure whether my day can be counted as 'achieving anything' - but it's been really good. A friend has a birthday tomorrow and she is already doing something else so we decided to celebrate today. Went to Emmetts Garden, a National Trust quite near but why haven't we been for years? I think it is probably twenty-five years since I was there! It was lovely, if a bit 'winter-y', but the views were lovely. It's quite hilly, and we walked quite a long way. Hardly any people. Then went to a local bistro for lunch - never been there before but it came highly recommended. Not surprised - it was great! I had a delicious fish pie with fresh winter vegetables and my friend had Hunter's Chicken - two huge chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and coated with cheese - with chips and salad. We just about managed a coffee each after that - and at the moment I feel as though I won't need to eat for a week! We will certainly go back there. When I came home I sat down and fell asleep ... so much to do, with preparation for a meeting this evening and more preparation for something else over the weekend, but it's been good to have a 'day off! Achievement? Who cares?!?!?
  • Hello all, not going to go back and look at all the entries. Have been busy during the last few days sorting my OH's affairs out and finalising the Funeral Service.. Everyone has been so thoughtful. Will try to get back on an even keel soon.

Hope you are all keeping well and that no-one has gone down with Covid.
  • HEATHER – S-i-l has a washing machine!!! With Melbourne’s current weather, he also needs a dryer. LOL. I too am sure OH has no head lice but in his muddled brain, once he gets an idea. . . . <sigh>

ANNETTE – The tiles are glazed and won’t stain. Half the back verandah that I scrubbed is looking very clean. Usually I merely hose it down, washing dust & grime on to lawn. No, I am not going to detergent the other half.

LINDA – I watched Dylan lose (pm) and Ash win (evening). Commentators predicted second womens semi to be close. It wasn’t but so boring that I fell asleep, woke to find match over and my a/c off as OH had turned it off as he went to bed!

LYNETTE – Good to see you surface when you can. {{{HUGS}}}

SA’s covid restrictions to ease from tonight. Now 50% capacity in indoor hospitality, elective paediatric surgery to resume, and QR codes not required for supermarkets, only high risk places, eg hospitality, hospitals, aged care. I shall continue noting where I go on my calendar, just in case. Masks still mandatory.

• Confidence is when you’re ignorant of the facts.

I’m sorry I don’t take orders. I barely take suggestions. (t shirt message)

I survived another pointless Zoom meeting. (t shirt message)