Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week! Stay safe, everyone. 

• I think St Dywynwen ended up with the best deal. OH has been stupid. He decided to treat his (permanently) itchy head with a head lice brew containing a mix of eucalyptus & tea tree oils and, to “avoid making a mess in bathroom”, he went outside. He used far too much for his little hair and I doubt if head lice anyway. He left a coating of very slippery oil on the back verandah tiles which I’ve had to scrub with detergent. Yet to dry, so I don’t know if successful. Another hot & sticky day and I feel so tired from weather & lack of sleep. Nanny naps are not enough.
  • Good Morning. Thanks to AQ for the brilliant quotes. What an inspiring man.

You must be very excited at the recent success of Ash Barty - someone for everyone to watch.

I will have to look at my Welsh guide books when we return to the caravan, as we don't keep them here. There is a huge amount of history on Anglesey, some of it really ancient and fascinating. There are many tiny islands off the coast, but most of them only occupied by birds.
  • Happy Australia Day – a bit late for you, AQ, sorry! I hope the doorstep will not stay slippery – take care.

Missed a couple of days posting, then yesterday got tied up with letters and emails. Life going on as normal here – both J’s referees are off sick (!!!) so deputy head will possibly be providing his main reference. He has gone for a walk this morning – that’s every day this week!

HEATHER – E-E’s knee recovered over a couple of days – as did my ankle. Haggis dinner was midday – I can’t eat cream sauce in the evening. Actually, our menus will get a shake-up when J starts work – we have mostly had main at lunch with him at home, but will revert to evening when suitable.

LINDA – we three definitely intend to continue wearing masks; but we have begun to consider going out a bit soon – that will probably change the weather! I often have peanut butter at breakfast – mostly with a smear of Marmite. Hope progress is peaceful hanging the light fitting.

HELLO to everyone else. Thinking of DIANE busy with her work project.
  • aquilareen said:
    I think St Dywynwen ended up with the best deal. OH has been stupid. He decided to treat his (permanently) itchy head with a head lice brew containing a mix of eucalyptus & tea tree oils

This made me laugh! Though I am very sorry you still had an oily mess to clean up. I also think St Dywynwen ended up with the best deal! Now I have to go find out how to pronounce it!

On another note, I watched a PBS Nature special on the Vikings that had wonderful landscapes and flora/fauna of the northern Atlantic, Wild Way of the Vikings. Don't know if those of you outside the US can view it, but I highly recommend this hour show. www.pbs.org/.../

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• We needed to go to another town to look at possible new worktops for the kitchen  (didn't like any of them!), and there is a walk nearby which we took Bonnie to for a half hour -lovely to be out in the countryside and to get some fresh air.

(Tap on the pic to see more detail)

• Morning all:

AQ:  Oh dear.  Hope that oil doesn't leave a stain, even if it's not slippery.  Meanwhile, no chance your OH would see a doc with his itchy scalp?  What shampoo is he using I wonder....   And belated Australia Day and thanks to OG for remembering (how does she remember all these things!)

Lindybird:  Looks like a lovely winter stroll there...

OG:  Great that J is walking every morning and that you and EE are moving easier; hope J's work schedule isn't too disruptive to the menu planning.  

CC:  I think I saw that Viking program when it was first on.  Watched a Nature program - Butterfly Blueprints - the other evening.  Lots of new and fascinating info there; I didn't realize that some of them have transparent wings.

• I remember Australia Day because it follows Burns Night!
  • A bit late!!  Sorry, AQ!! It wasn't on my calendar!

• Good Morning. Dry here at the moment but we must have had a small shower in the night. It's warmer, and could reach ten degrees today.

Bonnie found a hedgehog in the garden! How it got in, I don't know, as we have wire all around, even inside the hedges, to keep Bonnie in! She decided to play football with this strange creature on the back lawn, last night, and has left marks on the grass where she's scrabbled around it, trying to get it to play- of course, my OH says it stayed safely rolled into a ball even long after she was forcibly removed from the garden.

No sign of it today but of course Bonnie is sniffing around in every corner, looking for it!

• OG - I remember Burns Night when I read it here!!!

LINDA – You are forgiven re Aussie Day. Did I catch my peanut paste habit from you? And that photo – clearly a covid-free country lane!

I stopped watching tennis years ago when the shrieking or grunting players spoilt it for me. Also I do not like those who use so-called “gamemanship” to win their matches. Now there are idiots acting more like clowns and enticing yobbos to fill the seats. I watch Ash Barty but hardly any others. Must dash, she's on soon.