Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The first full moon of 2022 turns full on Monday, 17 January. 

I hope you all have a joyful week. Stay safe, everyone. 

EDIT: Everyone check back to last week's thread to see Clare's beautiful photographs and also Lindy's lovely sunrise pics. 

• It worked up to a crescendo of colour...

• Wow, Lindy, that was some sunrise! Don't know what it was like here - having slept little during the night, I slept soundly through whatever sunrise there was ... why can't my body clock get it right????
  • Beautiful pics LINDY, thank you. There was a glorious sunrise here, too, but we are just left now with a grey sky.
    LYNETTE - I have noticed that funerals up here take place more quickly. My OH died on the 18 th and was buried on the 23rd of the month. I'm sorry that your husband's affairs are more complicated than you would wish, but good that your children are at the helm.
    A busy weekend here, sorting and dumping stuff that I had put in the garage. Eldest daughter and husband did the dump runs for me. I hate clutter even when I can't see it ( ie in the garage !) so feel pleased that it's done.
  • DIANE - I do hope that you are feeling better - sending get well thoughts to you...
    AQ - Thank you for advice regarding covid tests. I have passed it on to my SiL.
    OG - I am so tempted to take the scissors to my hair ! I can't decide whether to stay with my home hairdresser, find another home hairdresser or go to a salon. I really do think that £40 to cut and blow dry my hair after I've washed it, rather excessive. Especially when using my own hair products and my electricity to dry it ! Am I being a cheapskate ?
  • Heather, that does sound excessive. I don't think you are a cheapskate at all!! But then, what do I know? I haven't been to a hairdresser for ... gosh ... probably thirty years. I cut it myself when I think it needs it, or when it starts driving me mad.

Diane - Thoughts and prayers still winging their way in your direction. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Just seen some lovely sunrise pictures from around the country on the news. Shropshire (which I think is somewhere near you, Lindy) and the Scottish Highlands, which I guess is near to Heather and dibnlib.
  • Well done on the cleaning out, Heather. I pay £30 +, I give her a £5 tip, to my new (ish) hairdresser. She washes it, trims & blow dries it. She charges less than some of the salons here as she does it at her home. I noted that a lot of places here charge as much as £70!!!

I suppose you're paying yours to come out to your house, but then that's balanced out by her not having to pay overheads such as rent & rates. Its a minefield & I think best to just stick with one you like, who doesn't charge the earth!!

Hope that OG and Diane are both alright.

My OH is sniffing & snuffling but thank goodness I don't seem to be catching it from him.