Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, joyful week. Please stay safe, folks.

• How to dress for winter: 1) Put your pyjamas back on, 2) Get back into bed.

By the time you are old enough to sleep late, you’re so old you wake early.

The wise worm gets up late.

• Our state has not reached the Omicron “peak” yet – expected end of January, same time as start of school year . Authorities have decided to delay start for 2 weeks; only Reception, years 1, 7, 8 & 12 will attend classrooms. The rest will be home schooled. Dau#2 will not be happy. . . nor will the Trio.

• Good Morning. Minus 1 degree here again, and the fields are white over. The wintry sun is coming up brightly.

Diane, so sorry to hear you are so sick. I hope maybe its a 24 hour thing and you'll be able to sleep it off. Keep drinking lots of water or hot drinks. {HUGS}

AQ - It's been much the same here- an area has a period of calm from the virus, then suddenly it creeps up again. At present, it's pretty bad around here so we're being very careful although my OH has gone to his golf game today as its all outdoors of course. What a shame the children can't be in school yet - here we all feel that they're better mentally if they can carry on as normally as possible.
  • Thought the dog lovers on here might like to see Maddy, my niece's full sized poodle.  Sue said, she looks very regal!!! :-))

• DIANE - sorry to hear you got sick - doesn't sound like any Covid variant, but still not pleasant for you. Please drink plenty - and try to keep warm.

Less sunshine today, but still relatively mild and dry. Going to continue catching up on post-Ch and NY correspondence today.
  • Diane - So sorry to hear you are not well. Please take care of yourself, keep warm and well hydrated, and thoughts and prayers are flying towards you for a speedy recovery.

Another lovely day here, after a sharp frost this morning. A great day yesterday when a friend and I went to Wakehurst and walked several miles, much of it up and down hills. Good for the lungs and the post-Christmas waistline! My best place was the bird feeding station where we saw blue and great tits, blackcaps, greenfinch, chaffinch, nuthatch, robins, pheasants - and crows, which saw off most of the smaller birds. This morning I have had a lovely crisp walk in the sunshine - so wonderful to see the sun after weeks of grey and damp gloom. Long may it last!
  • OG - congratulations to your Granddaughter ! I had a boyfriend in my teenage years who had attended a public school in Sussex - he spoke about the girls school in Brighton !!
    DIANE - get well soon - thinking about you -

• DIANE: Makes me angry that tests are not being made available in your state, especially during this time of Omicron. I have two home tests, and go for free rapid testing every week down the street from me whether or not I have symptoms just to make sure I am not spreading it asymptomatically.

PLEASE keep warm and take care of yourself as I know you will. Radio, music, hot beverage, toilet close! <3

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• LINDY Yes, we get some amazing skies here. Didn't see the recent aurora but have seem it a few times.

Love the standard poodle, but why do they have to clip them so??? I think there is a reason but can't remember. They are meant to be super intelligent.

DIANE Sorry you are so poorly. Get well soon.
  • Diane- So sorry you're sick and hope it's not serious and you are up and well soon!