Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 December 2021

Happy Hogmanay and Happy New Year!

This is the last thread of 2021! Time flies...

My dear friends, I wish you all happiness, health, safety, and serenity in 2022. May it be a better year for us and the world.

PHOTO: The 2021 Comet Leonard, near in the sky to the awe-inspiring star cluster Messier 3. The comet will reach its closest point to our Sun on January 3, 2022 at the end of its 40,000-year journey to the inner Solar System. It'll be ejected into interstellar space, never to return.

Photo labeled “Public domain” (copyright free)
Horizon Productions SFL

• Been very confused by recent posts - people recovering before they were ill, travelling home before they went etc! Must have lost a chunk from just before Christmas! So, to play it safe, I hope those who have been ill are recovering, those who are hospitalised are comfortable and all having a gentle time between Christmas and New Year celebrations!
  • LINDY Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound.

LYNETTE. What an awful time you have had. Cross fingers things start to improve.
  • OG --- I think you're mixed up as Annette went home to her OH for a while, but is now back visiting her daughter & family again, after daughter was transferred to a hospital nearer to her home.

I was making progress in feeling more myself but then my OH & I both had some strange stomach upset/headachy thing before the 25th. (Both tested negative so goodness knows ..)

Lynette, sorry to hear your news. Do hope the medics can solve it.
  • Spent the morning looking at tiny pieces of Lego. Amber seems to get boxes of it given to her regularly but then expects lots of help constructing things: drove me cross-eyed..Then we went to a within walking distance pub for lunch, where I had gammon & eggs, but couldn't face dessert!!
  • Hallo all:

OG; Don't worry, I'm confused about where I am and what I'm doing, never mind everyone else.

Storm here for the remainder of this week, but very little snow last night. The clouds look fierce but aren't doing much right now - maybe tonight? Tomorrow?

Tale care everyone
  • Thanks for the wishes for a good recovery for OH. Latest is they did a contrast dye x-ray last night and the medication they had benn giving him hasn't worked so they are observing him for 24 hrs and the consultant will decide where they go from there. Didn't go today as son was visiting but dau and self are visiting tomorrow so should know a little more then, I hope.

Lindybird - pleased you have made it. Thanks for clearing up Annettes situation, hadn't realised she has had to go back to daughters.. Pleased to hear that you have shaken off that strange bug that hit you both.

Take care Annette and hope the storm veres away from you. Take care and keep well to all.
  • Money talks – chocolate sings. (bumper sticker)

If only sarcasm burned calories.

My dilemma is 25% of me wants to be slim and trim, but the other 75% of me wants pasta, cheesecake and unlimited glasses of wine.

• Thank you for the update, LYNETTE. I hope that you can soon find out what ails your OH and it will soon be mended x
    Chaos here but that's OK. It's easy to forget how things are with young ones.
  • Where is everyone? I hope you are all well, celebrating or busy. After a warm night, it’s the start of another hot day here, expecting 36 C.
  • Sorry, AQ. A busy day today, but mostly taken up with our travelling back from our visit South. We're now safely ensconced back home, and weary.

Lynette, good that they're doing all kinds of tests to find out what it is with your OH. Hope you get some news tomorrow when you visit.