Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• Everything under control & organized for tomorrow’s lunch with Dau#2 & appendages. I shall relax this evening. I’ve read your posts and maybe next week I can find time to reply!

• I had to clean my house for two hours just to tell guests “Sorry about the mess!”

Why can’t the house clean itself? It seems to get dirty by itself.

Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.

• Have a wonderful lunch with your family, AQ!!!

• Diane, I'm so relieved to come on and find you are OK - bad storms again in USA!!
  • And Adelaide is melting - was listening to reports about the cricket there, at silly o'clock. Poor AQ...

• Lindybird said:
    I crossed posts with you, Clare. Glad you're all jabbed.

It's a stressful time for many.

My older sister lives in Montana.  I've tried to contact her via Limpy's Facebook account to see how she is and whether she's been vaccinated - at least one of her adult children is an anti-vaxxer, which is worrying (to say the least!).  To my pleasant surprise we received a Christmas card from my sister earlier this week (inevitably after messaging her through Facebook) so she was clearly OK earlier this month.  I'm assuming to have the vaccines in the US costs nothing?

• Clare: Yes, vaccines are 'free' (that is, paid for with taxpayer dollars). Good you heard from your sister - where does she live in Montana? My grandson has fantasies about buying land up there; he says he likes the cold weather, but their winters are long and harsh.... Brrrrrr.

AQ; Frost on the car windshields here this morning......
  • Clare: Yes, vaccines are 'free' (that is, paid for with taxpayer dollars). Good you heard from your sister - where does she live in Montana? My grandson has fantasies about buying land up there; he says he likes the cold weather, but their winters are long and harsh.... Brrrrrr.

AQ; Frost on the car windshields here this morning......
  • Ah, Annette - that's happened to me a few times lately.

Surprised you've already had it that cold.

We fought the tree in from outside, my OH chopped a lump off the bottom, and some lower branches were sacrificed to get it into our red ceramic pot. Then he hoovered up, as a lot of little spikes came off it already. Then we worked as a two man team to go around it twice with our lights strand. Now it looks like this:

I was tired afterwards, as traipsed around the supermarket this morning.  Then put cards through doors locally.

So the tree will have to wait until tomorrow to be decorated.  The tinsel and decorations are all under the stairs anyway! Will have to lug them out tomorrow.