Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• I crossed posts with you, Clare. Glad you're all jabbed.

It's a stressful time for many.
  • CLARE - How good that Helen didn't need a repair. Two of my girls weren't as fortunate. But we must count our blessings !
  • We bought some supermarket milk, & some cheap(er) diesel for the car, then headed back to a pub where we waited ages for a lunch, which was nice when it finally arrived: my OH had steak & chips with pepper sauce & salad, and I had something called "Hunters Chicken" which was a chicken breast wrapped in bacon and smothered in barbecue sauce and melted cheese. And chips. And salad. Then we found room for dessert, and my OH had jam roly poly whilst I had warm brownie & custard. Phew! Don't want much else today...

• Ha ha, LINDY ! Just fall into your armchair and stay there until bedtime !
    LYNETTE - I'm glad that your OH got checked out. I was worried about a hypo when you said he wasn't eating. Another question - do you think he might be suffering from depression ?
    ANNETTE - I did the same yesterday, forgot to put the washing in the dryer ! Hope that your daughter continues to make progress.
    I hope that DIANE is OK.
    Regards to all !
  • Rosie met Santa today, but like myself when little, was not very impressed!! A big white beard? Strange red clothes? Nah!

Later, she enjoyed doing some painting, as you can see!! 

• Ha! - - A relative said, was she trying to be Princess Fiona, from Shrek!!?
  • bjane: I hope you're okay. This week's new storm hit Iowa hard. I know that it must have made you relive August 10 of last year. I remember that derecho that hit Iowa (and other states). The size and ferocity of the storm was astonishing. It's awful that so many trees were destroyed, leaving Cedar Rapids so barren. It must be depressing to see all the trees slanting to the east. Take care.

• Diane:  I think Cedar Rapids lost power, but not sure to what extent. Apparently, much of it was restored yesterday.....   I was thinking of that bad storm they had (was it really only a year ago)?

Hallo everyone else; have a good Saturday....

• Lindy: I was just reading back through this week's posts. I was so glad to know that the iron supplements seem to be working. I hope the results of the blood sample analysis can give you more information about what's been causing your problems. Interesting that your cousin had a similar condition. Good to know that you're improving, though!!!

I loved the painting photo of Rosie!

Heather: I hope you'll be able to enjoy your family gathering on Boxing Day. You are smart to take precautions (like the testing and the demand for vaccinations). I'm sure it will be heartening to have your kinfolk all together. Have a wonderful time.

Lynette: The card you posted was lovely! Hope you enjoyed your carol service. Good that your OH was checked out. I do hope the doctors can help him.

Annette: Sorry the dematology appointment was so unpleasant. Hope your daughter is continuing to improve. Sending her healing!

AQ: Fascinating about the end of the mouse plague in Australia. I revere all Earth's creatures, but I can't say that mice are my favorite. I have a family of venemous Northern Short-Tailed Shrews living underneath my house this winter. I can't say they are my favorite, either, but at least they eat the mice. ;-)

Harelady: Sorry you must work from home when you'd rather be in the office. Good luck shopping for the last of the Christmas presents. I also will be alone for the holiday. I usually am though.

Clare: Your obituary post was hilarious! Hope you and Limpy have a nice holiday.