Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week! 

• Sorry, I've been a bit thrown by finally getting a reply from my niece in S Africa. I had written to her twice on messaging but then heard nothing. Now, she writes that she & her sister have both had the flu - at least they think it was flu..... The younger one has, unbelievably, not been jabbed in spite of her mother dying of covid.
  • Didn't mean to post my post but it did it itself!

So, I've been on the phone to my cousin with the news from S. A. and a discussion about our fractured family. My niece said that she'd like some more info on the family, & that she has my late brother's photo albums and wants to know more about the pictures. So that's a start.

My OH put up most of our outside lights yesterday afternoon, after digging in a fence post in the morning. Of course, he was tired out by evening! Today he went off to golf and managed 9 holes before the wind drove them all into the clubhouse. He also had a muddy coat as he had fallen over in the mud. But is thankfully, unhurt.
  • That's about the only good thing that can be said about mud - it's usually a soft landing! Hope his dignity was not too badly bruised. I imagine a hot coffee in the clubhouse was more welcome than the thought of the back nine!

A bit pushed for time at the moment. Why does everything have to happen at once?!?!? I have read everything, and wish everyone well, especially those ailing in some way.
  • Pat, thats exactly what he remarked on getting home, that all that he damaged was his dignity!!

• ANNETTE - If your family move closer, you won’t have those long tiring trips to visit them.

HEATHER – Please help yourself to extra heat on Sunday – we are expecting 36 C. I hope Callum & g-f are OK.

OG – I suspect some of our extended family think we are peculiar for “isolating” but I’d rather be sure than sorry. Besides I don’t enjoy the current family version of χmas lunch; outdoors with the flies.

LINDA – Wonderful that you have heard from your nieces, do keep in touch with them.

PAT – Please take a few minutes and slow down. {{{HUGS}}}

I finished my interstate χmas cards & notes last eve & posted this morn. I have received my first – it took a week to travel from Sydney suburb to Adelaide suburb. It was quicker in Ye Olden Days. Food shop this morn was crazy, anyone would have thought it was the 20-somethingth of December.

• Why do they call it beauty sleep when you wake up looking terrible?

I want to be like a caterpillar. Eat a lot, sleep a while, then wake up looking beautiful.

Me and my bed are perfect for each other but my alarm clock keeps trying to break us up.

• Good Morning. Awoke an hour too early, and lay listening to the constant rain for an hour & a half till my OH surfaced. He pointed out that as we can see someone's house in the far distance, their Christmas lights must be on 24/7 !! - he still sees them whatever time he gets up in the night.

AQ - Love the quotes today!!

We also have rather broken delivery services. Years ago, the Royal Mail was so efficient and reliable. Now, I hear from friends that some things don't arrive for days even when posted in nearby towns. I certainly send b'day cards earlier than we used to.
  • I loved how you characterized your OH waking up! He must have relished his sleep after digging fence post holes, putting it up, and then golfing in a gale while landing in the mud! That sounds like a most interesting day. And as for the mail, US mail is under attack by the US Postmaster; fewer resources and staffing has resulted in slowing deliveries...very sad and concerning.

Lindybird said:
    Awoke an hour too early, and lay listening to the constant rain for an hour & a half till my OH surfaced.

Snow sticking to the ground this morning, and I'm wondering if I will be taking any nature walks today as I check the temps. Spadgers fighting at my feeder.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Time just seems to fly by. I do try to catch up with everyones news, good and not so good. Meeting my friend at Brodie tomorrow morning so looking forward to that.