Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week! 

• Goodness, quiet on here. I suppose we're all busy. I hope that all is well with Annette and her family.

We went to visit sis in law Sue: she had asked for donations of stuff as she and a friend are having what's called a "tabletop" sale on Saturday on behalf of funds for the local Scouts group. I took down there several small things which I had put away as gifts, but never got around to giving for one reason or another, plus a china dish which can be put into the middle of the dinner table to hold three candles then have greenery arranged around it - Its been on the shelf for over 25 years waiting to be used! We helped her to check her heat ing boiler, and the dud lights on her Christmas tree!

I fell asleep on the sofa for nearly two hours when supposedly watching TV. Probably because I woke up so early today. These days, it makes no difference, I shall still be able to sleep for eight hours when I get to bed !
  • Have a nice time, dibnlib.

Government in turmoil here, and it's hard to feel any sympathy when they've brought it on themselves. What a mess this virus has caused around the world. Heard from friends in their Christmas card today, they've had covid twice, and are now suffering from the long version, poor things.
  • What a good quote, Lindybird. Hope your OH recovered from the mud fall and enjoyed a wee dram??? afterwards.

OG - its nothing to do with the strength in his hands, he just doesn't want to be bothered giving himself the injections.

Pat O - keep smiling through and you'll get there.

Annette - hope all is going ok at Dau's and that she is making progress.

Never put lights or tree up until about 10 days before Christmas although OH was asking when they were going up. He'll have to get the boxes down from the high point in the garage before I can put them up or even begin to write my christmas cards.

Unfortunately, OH said he was too tired to go down to the docs yesterday, this is after we'd been to the library. Honestly I'd just like to put a proverbial bomb up his b...........e. somethimes. Going to try and get him to go tomorrow. instead. We can't carry on filling in the form until he gets a letter. Keep trying is the word.
  • To be honest I'm sick and tired of them going on about Covid. There is enough literature and notices re vaccination etc. Hopefully people will use their common sense and get vaccinated.

Lindybird - glad you managed to finally get in touch with cousins in SA. Sorry to hear that friends have had Covid twice and are still suffering. Some people seem to have bad luck.

Hope the rest of you are managing to keep well.
  • Evening all Got home around 5 p.m. after a good drive. Daughter doing well; starting physical therapy tomorrow to start building up her muscles again; also speech therapy, apparently part of Covid recovery too... Will probably topple into bed early, so please forgive lack of individual responses.....
  • You will be glad to be home, ANNETTE. Rest up. Good news of your daughter.

It feels quite cool today, about 19 C. I would like to start on cleaning as Dau#2 & Co are coming to lunch Sunday week. Windows need washing for a start but no point yet as Next Doors still have pile of dirt in the front “garden” and every time the wind blows, we get grit blowing towards us. Fence is half finished. Side fence is colourbond steel - looks dark and high. Their front fence is horizontal slats with see-through gaps. Perfect for small child to climb?

• Just a thought

True friends are never apart. Maybe in distance but never in heart.

• Lindybird said:
    Government in turmoil here, and it's hard to feel any sympathy when they've brought it on themselves.

Words absolutely fail me.  I've read so many heartbreaking stories from people who've followed the rules but I think the most poignant thing is seeing the photos of the Queen sitting alone at her husband's funeral.  I find myself hoping that she will have Boris taken to the Tower and locked up indefinitely.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - I think that would have happened a long time ago if we were still living in the first Elizabethan age. Yes, I will always remember the Queen sitting there all alone, looking so shrivelled and sad. Most of us have been following the rules and watching in amazement as those who think the rules don't apply to them continue to live as they did pre Covid. Boris first worried me in 2008 in Beijing with that ridiculous double decker bus taking the Olympic flag from there to London ... and my thoughts about him have gone downhill steadily from there. So sad to see him and his cronies treating us like idiots and continuing to do as they like. And even more sad - I fear it will get worse before it gets better ... I wonder if I can get away with hibernating until spring?
  • HI to all hope you are all well

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here