Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week! 

• What did I start with my “odd” quote?!!!. Odd or not, you ALL are great friends.

Next Doors workmen left huge piles of dirt in our garden on our side of the fence as well as the branches of our shrub they broke. They were not to know we intend to replace it next autumn but they could have asked us before snapping off branches. OH was clearing dirt & rocks left on our lawn when Mr Next Door came home. He said not to worry, the mess will be cleaned up. He also said he was disappointed with the workers & that they didn’t know what they were doing.

OH goes for a walk most days. I asked him if Next Doors other neighbour’s side fence up and whether the front yard has lawn or garden bed. He only noticed the unfinished front fence!!! I shall have to wait until my next outing, I’ve no time to waste on a walk. I’m getting enough exercise with dusting, vacuuming, climbing to fetch χmas decs (it’s not high but I need stop stool) and whatever else. . .  Tree is decorated and Little People’s gifts wrapped & ready. Tick!

• Just a thought

It always seems impossible until it’s done. (Nelson Mandela)

• Good Morning. I hope that DIANE is OK as I saw a worrying post on Facebook saying that she'd had high winds and heavy rain. She thought there might be tornadoes around her area.

Stay safe, Diane.

Here, we just had a beautiful sunrise and there is no wind at all, but no frost as its milder now as promised by the weatherman.

• Diane has just replied to my post on FBook, and she is alright, but says it was a bad night, with a lot of tornadoes in Indiana.
  • Unknown said:
    I have known some people in my life who I would list as far more 'odd' than you are...

Blimey, that's worrying.  Were they odd in a good way or in a dodgy way?

• Thanks for caring, Lindy.

All: I'm okay, but that was the scariest night I've had for a while. The central U.S. is a mess. 19 tornadoes have been confirmed so far, and 26 are unconfirmed. Pretty sure that a tornado ripped through my patch. The sound was deafening. I honestly thought I was going to lose my house. Kentucky has declared a state of emergency, and the National Guard has been activated. The roof collapsed on a vast Amazon distribution center across the border in Illinois, and first responders are engaged in search and rescue. The power is out in 6 states. Mine was out for a while. The state governors are saying that loss of life is expected throughout the region.