Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 November 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON
and HAPPY PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE 

The moon turns full and the partial lunar eclipse occurs on the night through morning of 18-19 November. For exact times for your house, insert your area/town/city in the box on this page of the Time and Date website.

Everyone have a joyful, serene week!!!

• It is worrying, Pat. They are all just too huge - never a good thing.

Just fed my garden birds and my robin came really close to me, as he sits on the bird table which is level with my head. Next time I must take my phone out and try to capture him. The sparrows got to work on the birdseed on the table before I'd even got back in the house, then they were superseded by the starlings - they were chased off by two magpies!! Then I realised we had a beautiful crow, not something we have as a visitor often. He saw all the other birds off and then eyed up a squirrel who was popping out of the hedge to see what was going on. Bonnie saw it through the window and shrieked, as she hates squirrels and cats. We let her out and the garden was empty for a while!! (She never catches squirrels in the garden as there are plenty of places for them to escape to) Now the sparrows and starlings are back again.

• Hello all
    It's been a busy few days but doing what? I don't really know !
    Saturday, shopping and lunch here,with eldest and middle daughter.
    Sunday, a reflective day, watching the service at the Cenotaph.
    Monday - like OG , can't remember!
    Yesterday very odd day. I have a birthday tomorrow and had several calls asking if I was going to be at home today. My brother was strangely unavailable, he's been in contact with my eldest daughter, though.
    I do hope that they aren't planning a surprise visit - once upon a time I loved these things, but not any longer !
  • Your MOUNTAIN is waiting, har...! Just about sums it up...

aquilareen said:
    You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way. (Dr Seuss)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• E-E outside doing inspection on paintwork which they say is finished – quite a painless exercise in the end! He went out earlier to get some sprouts for tomorrow (I had counted the days wrong for veg supplies) and also bought some Stollen Bites – of course they had to be sampled – very good.

PAT – only you can make it happen!

LINDA – I am sure Sue will get even more fond of Toffee when inside together more during winter, but it sounds as if they have started well if slowly. Having been told we should get up early for the painters today, I woke at three and never went back to sleep. As it was, they started late in the day due to drizzle – which was later dried by wind! We discovered they do indoor work too, so have booked them for the kitchen and dining room next month! Very active day around our bird feeders too – a recent visit by handsome Mr S-H has not put the birds off.

HEATHER – I hope the birthday visitors (sure there will be some) are the ones you actually want to see, and that you will have a lovely day.

CLARE – happy birthday to you too tomorrow!
  • Have had a muddled day - my OH volunteered to go & do some errands in the town for me, so in theory I should have had plenty of time to have written more Christmas cards, which are still on a side table. However, I only wrote three before being sidetracked into dealing with laundry - brought a lot of stuff back with us to wash & store away. Then I did half an hour or so of ironing, but as I can't stand for long without tiring, I stopped for lunch & then sat down. It's a bit frustrating knowing that there is lots to do but it's not getting done.

Heather, I hope your family are not cooking up something you won't enjoy, although it course they might mean well.

OG - Good that the painting got finished.
  • OG - I have had several Aldi stollen bites today... Hope you got your panettone - we love it made into bread and butter pudding !
  • I was in our local Aldi today and was disappointed not to find panettone - I always overdose on it in the very short time it is available. Will I have to go without this year????? I do hope not. I did see the stollen bites but managed to walk past them - I will get some next time. Today I bought my first mince pies. Now I'm waiting for the advent of persimmons, on which I will overdose yet again.

Now here is a conundrum. How come Aldi (and other supermarkets) are still selling Hot Cross Buns at the same time as Christmas Pudding? Perhaps they don't have a theological consultant ...

And part two of that conundrum - why are HCBs sold all the year round and yet stollen bites only appear for about six weeks?

(I obviously haven't got enough to do today ... )
  • Heather/Clare: Let me piggyback on OG's birthday wishes. Heather, do let us know if you get any surprises.

PatO: I've stopped askng those questions. :-)

OG: Good the painters fnally showed up and did a good enough job that you've invited them back.

Lindybird: Good that Sue is feeling better about Toffee. I remember you tearing out your hair and having serious doubts about Bonnie when she was a pup.

AQ: I'm with CC when it comes to mountains...
  • Patr, I'm really glad you can't buy stollen all year round, as I would just overdose on it! Love the stuff. Also, we love hot cross buns and have to stop ourselves from having them too often now they're available more.

My OH has already indulged in mince pies (I hate them!).