Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 November 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON
and HAPPY PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE 

The moon turns full and the partial lunar eclipse occurs on the night through morning of 18-19 November. For exact times for your house, insert your area/town/city in the box on this page of the Time and Date website.

Everyone have a joyful, serene week!!!

• Painters made a start this morning and completed one coat of treatment all round. They took a long lunch hour and then tried to come back, but it has turned drizzly again, so hope to see them tomorrow.

J went to the dentist this morning for two fillings; he needs more but apparently not urgent enough for new post-covid NHS dental rules, so may be seen again in two years!

E-E is much better but will complete today’s doses of cold treatment. I have managed a few painful walks around the house. Going to freeze some sage leaves after this.

DIANE – sorry you are finding the house so cold this year – is this rather early for snow where you are? I hope you can get the work completed in the timescale you are hoping for.

LINDA – We noticed and commented what lovely colours there are in the hedgerows this year – even on the town by-pass!
  • I can confirm that both my friend and I had a booster Covid jab in one arm and a flu jab in the other arm at the same time, with absolutely no after-effects. Neither of us had after-effects with the first two jabs either. She had AstraZeneca and I had Pfizer. I don't think it's the vaccine that reacts, but the person - I've never had problems with a vaccine, but I know others have had various after-effects. Another friend had quite serious after-effects from her second jab but it didn't stop her having the booster - and yes, she had much the same effects after that as well.

I seem to have spent the last couple of weeks with my head in my computer, with very little time for anything else. Why???? No idea! Will it improve? No idea!! One day at some distant place in the future I am looking forward to finding out what retirement is supposed to be like.

I have been reading all your news and smiling - particularly at the road works which were planned to last 147 years. If you lived where I live, on a main road from here to there, with no alternative to get back and with constant road works, you would realise just how true that is in some places!
  • Morning all: I had booster and flu simulatenously and no problems other then mildly sore arm. Meanwhile, techy folks due this afternoon to check modem connection but OH's problems with Office continue. Of course, it doesn't help that he hasn't done much to solve them! :-)

Lovelyi pix Lindy. Diane, be wlarm in Indianapolis and do hope you get that project out of the way!

Stuff to do here.....
  • OG-- I've just read back and could have sworn that I'd sent good wishes for EE to survive his cold without too many problems. Pleased to hear that he's not feeling too bad. At least J managed to get some dental work done. I've heard that in some parts of the country it's nigh on impossible.

Been to visit Sue and we were treated to 'naughty cake' in the form of various slices of yummy things- I tried in vain to prevent my OH from having too many, as now I know he won't want his meal tonight! I have my halo on as I limited myself to one small almond slice. She is now getting more fond of her new dog and so at least he's keeping her company, which was the original idea. She was so upset about losing Boris that I feared she would not take to his replacement.
  • CC: Thanks for the good wishes. Yup. That's what I'm going to do--work offline. I have everything I need stored on my computer.
  • Hey, folks. There was a massive, global outage at Google Cloud over the last day (Tuesday). Up to 30,000 major sites/platforms/services were affected. That failure affected many of the largest websites on the web. It's my understanding that the big sites are recovering now, but some bugginess remains. I'm just posting this so if any of you had Internet trouble over the last day or so, you can be relieved that it probably wasn't your personal equipment to blame.

INFO HERE

Annette:
    I have no idea whether your trouble is related to this. 

• Yo-yo weather here. 26 C today, tomorrow windy & 29 (ie dust & pollen), Friday rain & 22. That’s spring in Adelaide!
  • Just a thought

You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way. (Dr Seuss)

• Good Morning. Still dark here, but don't think we're having any weather! About 7 degrees at present: will be going up to the heady heights of 10 degrees today, AQ!

Still waking early (6.00am today) . Doesn't seem to matter what time I go to bed. I suppose it gives me a good start on the day!

Diane, thanks for the heads up on the Internet problems. I saw that there had been problems with Google again.
  • That's interesting, Diane. I have had problems for the last couple of days with my Sky channels, mainly on trying to download programmes I have missed. It seems to be OK now, although I was getting messages about 'internet problems' yesterday. I have always worried about these huge institutions that seem to have such an influence - something goes wrong and we have to readjust our lives. Missed television programmes are a minor inconvenience - but now talk of Russia cutting off gas supplies is far more worrying ... too scary to think about too deeply as early in the morning as this ...