Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 6 October, next Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good autumn week. The trees are just beginning to turn a bit yellow here. No strong colors yet.

• I agree, bjane. Now that I'm getting problems with my eyes, I'm very grateful for newfangled gadgets which will alter the size of the printed word!

I see that the volcano in The Canaries has continued to spew out fire and brimstone: my heart goes out to those who have lost their homes, and probably now, their jobs too. The small islands particularly, depend on tourism. I can only suppose that those wealthy Europeans who had holiday homes on the slopes of the mountain will try to claim insurance, although knowing insurance companies, they will try to get out of paying out by describing it as "an act of God".

• Good Morning. Just watched the weather forecast, and we are going to have surprisingly high temps for today & the next 2 days - maybe its global warming but it will certainly put off the beginning of winter for a bit! As we've just been told about a future big hike in gas prices, it will be welcome (for now).

I've had a text inviting me to go for my booster jab, so will have to investigate and get myself an appointment.
  • Television is a device that permits people who haven't anything to do to watch people who can't do anything. (Fred Allen)

Television is like the invention of indoor plumbing. It didn't change people's habits. It just kept them inside the house. (Alfred Hitchcock)

Never trust anyone whose TV is bigger than their book shelf. (Emilia Clarke)

• Thanks for those quotes AQ. I really must curb my habit of turning on the TV so often.....

Put out two loads of laundry, as it's nice & warm here. Put another load of towels in the machine, then made a hot drink and sat back to watch the birds. Within two minutes, a small black cartoonish looking cloud slid overhead & it began to rain! This country is ridiculous for weather.....
  • Good evening, all.  Five Days on Mull (Part One) has just been posted - if you'd like to see a few photos click on this rather attractive bird:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - WONDERFUL pictures of WONDERFUL Mull. Did you go across on the Ulva Ferry? Lots of birds over there! I am sooooo jealous, and sooooo looking forward to the next instalment.
  • We didn't go across to Ulva as Limpy wouldn't have been able to walk very far. I'll be doing the next instalment tomorrow morning.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• AQ: I especially like that last saying about large TVs!

Off to check out Clare's pix!  EDIT:  Some lovely shots of that obliging buzzard.  Looking forward to the next installment.

• Thanks for sharing Mull photos, CLARE! lookng forward to further instalments.

Had my Cardiac test at the hospital late morning yesterday, so had a simple lunch in the canteen there (J walked down for lunch near home and we ate our main meal at teatime). I am still struggling to eat - even things I used to enjoy. OH doesn't have imagination to tempt me, so I have to keep trying to think of something to have.

Awaiting a delivery right now - yes, it is evening and dark outside! This is Jonathan's new mattress - been on the road all day, so will need a good airing and probably won't use it until the weekend.

Next hospital visit tomorrow - in the afternoon this time, so after lunch.