Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! HAPPY FULL MOON! HAPPY AUTUMN EQUINOX! 

The Harvest Moon turns full Monday night/Tuesday morning (depending on your location). The equinox is Wednesday for most of us.

(Sorry, AQ, I didn't work out when you will experience all these events. It's sweltering hot here tonight, and my brain isn't working. LOL!!!)

• It’s been one of those days all week.

You learn something new every day that you didn’t want to know.

There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want. (Calvin comic strip)

• Good Morning. Still dry here and no wind at all, so it's quite warm. AQ - The clouds are typical of this region - they often just scud past with no intention of raining. Often they cling stubbornly to the mountain tops which makes it interesting for the climbers and walkers, who can't see their way.

Lots to comment on but I shall probably forget someone so sorry. AQ - Love the quotes today, feel like printing them out!

Pat, hope you're feeling a little better.

CC - Glad you're back home. Interesting about the beautiful Monarchs.

OG - Hope you're enjoying getting out and about again & glad to hear you feel a bit better.

Annette - Expect you're resting after your visitors!

AQ - Sue's d.in .law had a horrendous cold this week and went for a test, which was negative. Its easy to ask for lateral flow tests to do yourself at home, but the more accurate tests are easily done as there's somewhere to go for it in every area. Our grandson Tomasz was told that he must get a test as there have been many cases inhis school but he has also just got a cold. Some places such as schools are temperature testing every day, which is simple to do.

Hope that Clare & Limpy are enjoying themselves on their exciting trip.

• I had a Covid test when I was whisked into hospital in Scotland a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get a test with the cold - I haven't been out of the house apart from one foray to the paper shop. Had I felt worse or had any odd symptoms then I would have had a test, but this was very obviously a heavy cold and nothing more sinister. Feeling a great deal better, with only the occasional sneeze or coughing fit. I am very rarely unwell and this has really knocked me for six but I'm well and truly on the mend now. Hooray! Apparently there's a lot of it about - and yes, I reckon we have been living in isolated and pretty sterile conditions for the past eighteen months and now we are beginning to mix with people again we have no resistance to whatever is flying around - be it insects or cold viruses!
  • That's true, Pat. Hope you soon get over it.
  • That is what you get for living in beautiful southern California! <heehee>

Unknown said:
    Coping with visiting relatives is a fulltime job at my house.  :-)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Yes, I have been wanting to visit the UP for a while, and may do just that once the virus has been beaten down to a dull roar. My love affair with a place has been Monhegan Island, Maine, ten miles out from the coast. Rugged and beautiful, there are no cars, and it is on the migratory route, with several "micro ecosystems" yet small enough to hike around the perimeter within a day. I have not been there in maybe 20 years! Dreading to see any changes.

Unknown said:
    The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is one of the most glorious places in the world, in my opinion.

• Here is an endearing short video clip of Mary and her border collie/Aussie shepherd mix, Secret, that I thought you all may enjoy. There are more clips on line to be found! (AQ, you may already be familiar!)

• Diane - I'm so sorry, I forgot to say thank you for the lovely descriptions of your part of the US ... and the parts I have been watching during The Ryder Cup ... and parts I didn't know existed! I have never wanted to visit the USA although I have travelled widely - but maybe I should rethink. Not at the moment, of course ... but once the world feels a safer place - if that ever happens.
  • Weather doesn't look too dry on Mull, I hope that CLARE and LIMPY have been OK and maybe tracked down some codfish !!
  • CC: I Googled Monhegan Island, Maine. It's a beautiful location with a fascinating history. Apparently, it's still a popular artists' colony. I'd love to see it in person. I've never been to the northeast.