Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

Can you believe it will be September this coming week?!!! I hope everyone has a safe and serene week. 

I keep trying to get back here to catch up with everyone, but I'm not having much luck. When I arrived back from Indianapolis, I had a long To-Do List of critical tasks. I'm slowly working through it. I'll try to stop in on Monday and do some replies.

Lindy: Have a good time in Wales. 

The 17-year cicadas are long gone, but now our regular August annual cicadas are screaming at the top of their little lungs in the trees. One day when I was dog-sitting, I looked down in horror to see that the smallest dog had vomited up a HUGE pile of cicada parts onto the carpet! She'd been feasting on the bugs outdoors. Oh...it was disgusting!!! Would you think that this innocent little doggy could create such an unholy mess?!!!

• If anyone wanted to torture me, they would just need to have the sound of a baby crying, I would confess to anything. I can understand anyone who is tempted to throw the baby out, anywhere. Not that I ever did I must add.

4.30 pm and it has started raining. Thanks LINDA I am feeling nearly normal!

• LINDA - Next you will have to set your waltz to music LOL.
  • AQ - That lyre bird is scary. So realistic - every mother in the place must react to it. I certainly did! Also, thanks for the quotes - oh how true ...

Lindy - Lovely poem. I used to have one of those whirly-gig things, which frequently meant a struggle to get it in place. When it worked, though, it was great!

There is something really strange outside my window. It's bright, and the sky is a very pretty pale blue. After so many days of dark grey gloom, it's wonderful! Long may it last.
  • Morning all:

AQ:  Maybe you had some of those crystals stuck in your inner ear?  That bird is scary; enough to call Child Protective Services.  :-)

Lindybird: That's a good one.  :-)   We need a verse about incredibly tiresome grocery shopping outings and the desire (in my case) for some non-GMO, organic, humanely grown but also delish 4-star ready-made dishes to leap into my cart with no effort on my part.  A maid would be nice too....

PatO: Sunshine here today too with no coastal overcast lurking at the beach....

• I would send you my maid, ANNETTE, but she ( they) are too busy !
    I spent a happy few hours with eldest daughter, today. Apparently none of them will ever see me put into an old folks home ! I haven't thought that far ahead... good gracious, I am only coming up to my 76th birthday. Oh dear.

• Heather- Everyone is different. Don't know whether it's because both of our mothers had to be in care homes, but we've been taking about it for over 20 years!

My OH: "Shoot me first...."

Me: "Won't mind, if I'm VERY frail"

Both of us: "We'll never, ever, expect to live with an offspring. Maybe move to be living near to one, but not so near as to be a nuisance."
  • Washing day with showers, all hung in garage, all still damp at end of day. As it is Fathers Day tomorrow and I am half expecting Dau & Co to visit, I have been busy. I lost 2 days this week - there was bathroom cleaning, kitchen floor, vacuuming and goodness knows what else. OH decided to help; he vacuumed the rooms that no one would go in. <sigh>

Please don’t put me in a nursing home until I am so away with the fairies that I don’t know I’m there. 

• Just a thought

Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, I'm possible! (Audrey Hepburn)

• I loved Audrey Hepburn: what a wonderful woman she was.

Good Morning. Only just got up as seem to have slept in late. A grey sky out there, but much warmer and sunnier predicted for tomorrow and following days. Don't need to go grocery shopping as did it yesterday, which gives me today to potter in the garden and do some dead heading & tidying.
  • AQ - You'll be tired after trying to compress all the HW into one busy day. At least all is clean for a while, even if they don't come! Hope you enjoy their visit if they do turn up :-)