Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

Can you believe it will be September this coming week?!!! I hope everyone has a safe and serene week. 

I keep trying to get back here to catch up with everyone, but I'm not having much luck. When I arrived back from Indianapolis, I had a long To-Do List of critical tasks. I'm slowly working through it. I'll try to stop in on Monday and do some replies.

Lindy: Have a good time in Wales. 

The 17-year cicadas are long gone, but now our regular August annual cicadas are screaming at the top of their little lungs in the trees. One day when I was dog-sitting, I looked down in horror to see that the smallest dog had vomited up a HUGE pile of cicada parts onto the carpet! She'd been feasting on the bugs outdoors. Oh...it was disgusting!!! Would you think that this innocent little doggy could create such an unholy mess?!!!

• Diane:  Thank you!   And regurgitated cicadas?  Yuk. Good luck with your To-Do list.

Have a good Sunday all.

• DIANE – Thank you for a new week. Not so happy about a new month so soon <grin> Ah, those doggy eyes, butter wouldn’t melt and all that, but cicadas . . .

Yesterday began as a normal day, washing, half in garage, half out on line. Unexpectedly Dau phoned offering for all to visit, lend her OH to take me shopping for computer stuff. Accepted. I then had to declutter books & knitting that gather in lounge room, remind OH to fetch toy box, clean bathroom, etc (that had been deferred while off-colour this week), move outdoor washing due to a shower, get lunch, find cheese, bics, vegemite, gherkins for afternoon snacks, clear clutter off computer table. . . They arrive. S-i-l checked my computer, deleted a lot of stuff not required (my OH no longer able to think this through). We discussed what I wanted as a printer & rem HD backup and left for store. Thank goodness he was with me, I would have been so confused as it is virtually self-serve. We came home with HD & mouse, the latter the most important as the old one is not working very well & I wanted it replaced before it died. The chosen printer was not in stock but I have the details and I shall call in a few days when they have restocked. Of course I could chase around to another store, with the same result. We returned home to an empty house, all at playground. While S-i-l taught me how to treat my new toys and backed up for me, Dau prepared snacks and fed the hungry ones. Just as they were about to leave, a downpour. The Trio were in a very huggy mood, so my Hug Bucket is overflowing. Tea was a can of soup, collapse on lounge, slept through TV & cycling, went to bed at 2 am, guess what, couldn’t sleep for hours. Very lazy day today. Tomorrow I shall catch up with your last week’s chatter.

• Just a thought

This is Sunday, and the question arises, what will I start tomorrow? (Kurt Vonnegut)

• Good morning all from a cloudy Suffolk. I may not post much but read and enjoy all your comments every day with my morning tea.

I hope all with problems and ailments get better soon and things resolve themselves.

I have a busy 2 weeks coming up as tomorrow I am off to London to do 4 days nanny duty with my son's 2 children - James 4 and a half and Lily 18 months.

James starts school next month but like most places the school gets everyone else back before the youngest start.

Then I come home on Friday evening and on Sunday head off to Silverstone to help my Daughter as Luna also starts school this year and they have the same schedule for the first timers.

The following Monday its back to work but I have to tell them that I will need my last 2 days holiday allowance the following week as my Sister-in-Law, who has Lymphoma, needs to have an operation on her thyroid and I will be looking after her dog and her. The hospital said she should be able to come home the same day but she must have someone with her overnight.

So no trips for me this year - but I shall make up for it next year. My Daughter and I are talking about a trip to the Highlands of Scotland, which we have both been to many times and love it.

I hope everyone has a good week.

• aquilareen said:
    went to bed at 2 am, guess what, couldn’t sleep for hours.

Doh!!! like  so many of us,,sooooo infuriating.....There is only so much breathing and counting one can do  GRR!!!!!!!

Thanks Diane for starting and sorry to read of the doggie incident,

everyone appears busy,

and we have the Family visiting, after so long being on our own, the rush of the youngsters is a shock to the system CHOL:):) but lovely , cluttering suitcases and piles of shoes at the door,to mention just a few. All off to the beach,for the morning, but sadly no surf for the eldest grandson.

Enjoy the week and new Month, Take care all.

• Unknown said:
    James 4 and a half and Lily 18 months.

Are their parents Harry Potter fans?

How strange that you've got cloudy weather.  We've got a cloudless sky here!

• No But my Daughter called her eldest Daughter Seraphina from the Philip Pullman books.

The sun is shining now here too Clare and for the first time I had a tree -full of garden birds - Young Blackbirds and lots of sparrow - which I hardly ever see here.

• There is something bright in the sky here too, and the sky is a lovely clear blue. Haven't seen that for ages!! So pleased, as I will be driving down to Somerset later to spend a few days with the family. Hopefully a better journey than last time ...

Thank you Diane for starting us off. Lovely dog picture - but what horrible habits!

Have a good Sunday, everyone. Now to decide on clothes suitable for church and for a long drive ... so many decisions!
  • DIANE Thanks for starting the week.

Poor you having to clear up the mess and poor dog too. I hope she has learned her lesson.
  • HARELADY....That is a lot of Nanny and Nurse duties. I do hope all goes well. I do hope you and your daughter get a trip to the Highlands.