Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week. 

• Thanks Lindy What beautiful flowers.

As expected OH got a call from the hospital this morning and they will be moving his Dad to a room on his own and starting "end of life" care later today. Definitely for the best.
  • Oh, I'm so sorry, Dibnlib. Hard for your OH and his family. Thinking of you all.
  • Clare, I agree about the PE teachers - it would have to be taught by proper yoga instructors.
  • Morning all:  Had to smile at the idea of my old PE instructor teaching yoga:  "Now girls, sit up straight!  Shoulders over hips! Chin parallel with the earth! I SAID CHIN PARALLEL WITH THE EARTH!!!  Now take slow deep breaths and relax!  I SAID RELAX!!"   And as for actual yoga teachers, there are yoga teachers and yoga teachers....   Mine is wonderful at having work-arounds for sore bits. Resistance training is good, especially when you have to move rocks and it helps maintain bone density and Tai Chi is good in terms of helping with balance, or so they say. I maintain that being tall makes it much harder.  :-))

dibnlib:  Sorry about your OH's Dad, but as you said, sounds like the best option.  Is your OH back home?

Lindybird:  Yes, those agapanthus are lovely; they were very popular here for landscaping but the trend now is to succulents, cactus, rocks and gravel.

Desk work on the agenda today....

• Good afternoon, all.  I've been catching up with my photo editing  ........ so if anyone would like to see some photos from the lovely reserve at South Stack (on Anglesey) then click on this little beauty:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• There'd be nothing left of us if we got a bed like that, Lindy. Both of us snore when we're really tired!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - Thank you for yet again sharing your wonderful pictures. I particularly liked the kestrel - don't often see them at that angle and it certainly does show their beautiful feather patterns.

dibnlib - So sorry to hear about your OH's dad - but from my limited experience of 'end of life' care, it's gentle and sensitive, and certainly the best possible care at that time. I hope your OH is OK with the decision for his dad.

I've never fancied yoga, and now I don't think I would be able to cope. I am not allowed to kneel because I've had most of the cartilage removed from my left knee. And if I were to sit or lie on the ground I'd never get up again! Hey ho ...
  • Clare: Seriously fab photos of the kestrel but isn't that a B-2 Stealth Bomber posing as a raven in one shot?

PatO;  There's chair yoga!  No?  :)

• Annette - I may be naive, but how do you do a Downward Dog or a Lotus while sitting in a chair???