Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week. 

• Pat O said:
    I think weightlifting might be more useful for Annette than yoga.

I've been doing yoga since the local leisure centre reopened - I wanted to improve my ability to relax.  However I've also found I'm breathing more efficiently (I'm now able to swim a length of the pool without needing to turn my head to breathe!!) and my physical strength has increased, which has made it easier to assist Limpy.  Most unexpected and highly useful.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Dry here, with occasional showers predicted for the next few days.

AQ - At least you have an excuse not to be out weeding! How lovely to have bred more bookworms.

I think that one of the keys to insomnia is, as said, not to worry about it too much. And apparently, the scientists say that keeping to a bedtime routine is important. I do need my sleep and if I have a bad night, then I tend to sleep in the daytime the next day to catch up, whether I like it or not!

Hoping that OG is coping at home and all is well.
  • Clare, glad you've found yoga useful. It's a great relaxer for me, although sadly I don't tend to keep to doing it unless I attend classes.
    I think it should be taught in schools as a good tool for both physical and mental health.
  • Lindybird said:
    I think it should be taught in schools as a good tool for both physical and mental health.

That's a good idea, if it's done right.  The PE teachers I remember from my youth would have made it torture!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Glad to read all of your news.

Can't remember if I said that OHs Dad is on the trauma ward at the JR in Oxford and the senior nurse is the daughter of my friend who lives in Fochabers. She hasn't been around as she is taking her masters in advanced nurse practitioner but should be back on the ward as from tomorrow....small world.
  • I've been waiting for these to open, as I noticed that there were a huge lot of buds on them this year, after a very disappointing year last year. They're in a tub by the conservatory door, so I can admire them every time I go in or out.

• Dibnlib: Life has strange coincidences. I hope your OH's dad is improving, what a worry for you all.
  • A lot of bees are attracted to my blooms - here's just one who was very busy yesterday, going into every trumpet!

• LINDA - Gorgeous blue. What are they?
  • They are agapanthus, or African Lilies. I had to check, as my memory went for a minute!! I love the very intense colour.

We decided when we bought them to put them all into one pot, for best effect.

Its a beautiful day here, the sun came out and there are lots of butterflies in the garden.