Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week. 

• DIBNLIB – My sympathy to you & your family.{{{HUGS}}}

ANNETTE - What is Fat Finger Syndrome? I simply cut & pasted from prepared text in Word as usual.

• Just a thought

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. (Francesca Reigler)

• Thank you all for your kind words. We have been worried about OHs Sister who has always lived at home. I know it is early days but so far she has proved herself to be stronger than any of us (including herself) thought. We really thought she would fall to pieces and I am glad to say we have been proved wrong.
  • dibnlib - so sorry to hear of your loss.
  • AQ:  Re Fat Finger Syndrome, I was referring to your post with the tiny type.  Sometimes when I'm typing 'll inadvertently trigger a keystroke combination that does strange things to my text.....

dibnlib:  As you say, it's early days for OH's sister, but my cousin, who was put on a pedestal by her husband and who we all thought would fall apart when he died, suddenly emerged as this decisive and self-confident person we'd never known...

Have more freelance work (sigh, sort of), just as I was looking forward to a lazy week...

• Annette - That's the main problem with being freelance. You never say no, just in case they don't ask again! Been there, done that for twenty-five years!

dibnlib - So sorry to hear about OH's father. As others have said, it good that he didn't suffer too much. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time.
  • It's been a wet day here since late morning. Luckily, we had done most of our shopping by then - got a mixed bag of stuff -- including food, light bulbs, batteries, a new shower head, (it's been leaking) and a new vacuum cleaner, having had the one we usually use mended but then it failed again when our son was here. Boo.

Bonnie has behaved impeccably but we are resigned to her finding something awful to roll in at some point!! Have enjoyed the Olympics and hope to see some of the closing Ceremony tomorrow.

Sister Sue says that it's been torrential rain all day at home for us, so it's no worse here.
  • PatO; Thing is, they're losing two editors; one of whom was also a writer and they know I can turn stuff around quickly. Don't really need the work and typically enjoy much more predictable deadlines, but they've been scrambling with Covid/canceled events, staff issues, etc for more than a year and I know they need help..