WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021

Alas!  No pretty pictures a la Diane.  But welcome to the new week anyway.  And don't miss Lindybird's photos of cake and kiddie on last page of last week. 

• Thanks, all for encouraging remarks. Much appreciated x
    I'm beginning to think that OG has gone to Indianapolis with DIANE ! Seriously, hope they are all OK.

• Morning all:

Lindybird: You get the award for the corniest joke ever :-)

AQ: Hope the storm either holds off or is over and done with so you can watch the Tour!

OG may be busy? Kitchen folks showed up? Swedish helper for her car proved irresistible?
  • Hello, we are in Wales again & settling in for just a couple of days I tried to post before I left to say that last week, OG said they all had a whole list of appointments this week so it would be a busy week.

Still having problems posting on here with both my old and new tablets. Have to use tiny screen on my mobile phone which can give me a headache!
  • Mike B said:
    Pat. I think the term best used here is SKI. Spending the Kids Inheritance!! Good luck to her.

There are times when kids need to be made aware of their monstrous sense of entitlement.  

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yes, Clare. It is outrageous that children think they are entitled to their parents' inheritance. The lovely lady in question has had a tough life, was widowed very early and left with three small children. She has done a brilliant job, and it's so unfair they are giving her such a hard time when she should be sitting back and enjoying life rather than trying to keep them from tearing each other - and her - apart. I think the SKI analogy started life as a joke - but what is happening here is absolutely not a joke.
  • Just skimming through and trying to catch what most of you are saying.

Must admit Heather, would love to move to a bungalow and a change of scenery but that will never happen as we will stay put as Dau lives with us and she can't really afford a place of her own. I can dream though. Seriously, as one has already said on this site, take your time and consider what is best for you in the long term.
  • Yes, the money side of things if you think you may inherit from your parents. The feelings went through myself when mum was taken into care but in the end I came to the conclusion well, so what, its her money and its taking care of her whilst in care. If there were to be any left over then it would come to us in due course. It did and more than we expected but dad and mum invested wisely and it came to fruition. Wendy, you have to think about yourself and what may be best for you in the future. Hope it all resolves itself for you.
  • Annette, I expect you are busy with the family visiting, glad to hear it is going well.

Lindybird - enjoy your time in Wales, hope the weather is good for you.
  • Hallo all: Yes, busy with family. Granddaughter has to go back to Arizona tomorrow but will be back Monday (500 miles each way). I've tried to talk her into letting me meet her halfway with Ms. D, but she won't hear of it. We've tentatively planned for me to drive us to LA next Tuesday to go to the California Science Museum where the Space Shuttle Endeavour is on view. I've been there three times already but Ms. D is big on science and she's at a good age for that kind of thing..... They'll both head back to Arizona next Thursday. Good thing my granddaughter loves to drive....
  • It rained all night & morn. Mid pm thunder, more rain. Total about 12 mm.

Just a thought

Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is. (Maxim Gorky)