Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a good week and a joyful, healthy, safe summer.

I think some of you might enjoy this recent OSPREY PHOTO. It's on the Facebook page of Dr. Frans de Waal, the renowned primatologist and biologist. (The page is safe and free of any malware.)

• Thanks for all the kind comments about the vehicle.

HEATHER - yes this is a large WAV! They wanted me to trevel in the back but I tried to insist that will make me ill so hence the seat adaptation. OH would happily drive it now - in fact has always wanted this model - but at the end of the five year "lease" (paid for with my DLA) he will be 78. I always used to believe people should stop friving at 70, I have increased that to "80 if fully fit" but am really scared to see some oldies on the road in their WAVs. If I have to give up on the front seat, I would need to sit in my wheelchair in the back and if this vehicle that means behind 5 seats (it is converted from a 7-seater), so I shall hope to change to a shorter vehicle without the extra row of seats. If I am safely imprisoned at the back, we could still travel with J who could occupy the front passenger seat. Well, that's the theory, but we are now awaitning phonecalls to say who will do what.

Good to hear from you, sorry I can't discuss normal stuff at present.

• Lupins are looking good, with more heads on them than last year.

• Update. Just spent a happy hour sitting in the garden and watching the veggies grow.

Seat fitter is sending a person tomorrow who may be able to reprogramme the seat movement to allow me in - not optimistic about a result, and anticipating more bruises when he makes me try it out. Plumber was held up on a job in Moffat so he suggested through his office that if we could accept an early start he will come at eight o'clock tomorrow morning! So programme is 8am plumber, 10am seat person, 2pm hairdresser! I usually wash my hair in the shower just before Nicole comes, so I had to do it late afternoon today, still damp when I went outside, so just had to drag out all the wind knots!

• Had a pleasant day, putting things back which were moved for our visitors, putting in the last of the bedding plants, and sitting in the garden! We had ice creams this afternoon as it was so sunny, then of course didn't want our evening meal until later than usual.

Had a long chat with Sue, who is still in our place in Wales, and has had wonderful weather and a good relax already. She may stay until the weekend.
  • Just a quickie. Hope all of you are well.
    Been up to Manchester to see brother and partner over the last 2 days, making up for not getting up at Christmas. A good 18moths since we saw each other. Had a very pleasant day on Tuesday and came back today. Will catch up at some time with all your news.
  • Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person how to use the internet and they won’t bother you for weeks.

Watching TV can insult your intelligence. But nothing rubs it in like a computer.

Be nice to me. You may need tech support someday. (t shirt)

• Morning all: Couldn't get on at all last evening. Maybe the dreaded First of the Month slowdown was delayed due to the holiday.... Anyway, off to the dentist this morning for one of my 'must do' appts.