Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON 

and

HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!

A total lunar eclipse will occur this week. AQ will be able to see the entire eclipse from start to finish! Annette will see both the partial and total eclipse. I will see a partial eclipse. I'm so sorry, UK folks, you will need to stream it online, which is still a good show. You can live stream it HERE at the Time and Date YouTube site. 

Insert your location at the Time and Date website to see when to watch the eclipse in your time zone. For most of us, it will happen on 26 May, Wednesday. You can find info and answers to questions at the NASA site.

I hope everyone has a beautiful summery week and finds some joy!!!

Here are the eclipse times in UTC time.

• OG The campus is just down from Simpsons on the other side of the road. It is a WIP and they are in the process of building an ophthalmic centre there.
  • Annette They have probably been there 2 or 3 years. I think there were problems with a couple of swans prior to that and that they may have been poisoned. Swans stay as a family for about a year I think then the youngsters are told to make a new home for themselves while the adults go on to breed again.
  • LINDY Poor Bonnie, that will be painful for her.

Toffee looks lovely..... I do hope this is going to be a lasting relationship for Sue.

I have my date for jab no 2 next week.
  • Sorry folks for the lack of replies. I'm so stressed at the moment. Middle daughter is needing a lot of support, I get weepy phone calls every day. Only a few days to go and she will be in the new house. The current worry is because she thinks that she will lose her ( my) deposit on the current house as all the shrubs are overgrown....

• Morning all:

Heather:  Oh c**p - and I'm sure that you told daughter not to worry about the deposit....    Do hope things settle down for her - and you. Have a glass of wine.

dibnlib:  Tx for swan info.  I hope the lake is big enough for them all.  

Lindybird:  Is Bonnie wearing a sock?  Restricted to the house?  Hope not.  

• HEATHER Good advice from Annette I think.
  • Sorry that you and your daughter are so stressed, Heather. I'm sure it will all turn out OK in the end.

Bonnie slept a lot yesterday (dogs are good at that) but is a bit livelier today. My OH had a damp round of golf as everywhere is so wet and soaked, so we are really due for the drought which is forecast for this next week.

On Saturday I decided to bake a chocolate brownie recipe, but waited until the oven was hot for our dinner until mixing up the ingredients which included golden syrup, brown sugar, and melted chocolate bars. Meanwhile, my OH was dealing with the roast lamb dinner-- big mistake!! I measured and mixed while he tended the meat & veg. When we had carved, and filled our plates, I put the brownie mixture in the oven. It cooked as we ate. Until I smelled burning!! It had flowed over the edges of the baking tray and was burning onto the oven floor below. The brownies were also burnt around the edges. 

We went shopping and bought some shop cake before travelling to see the family, LOL!!!

• Bonnie has a fetching green bandage, and has to have a plastic bag over it when she goes out.  She spent a lot of time inside yesterday but today my OH took her for a short walk. She looks happier now the meds are working.

I'm tidying up the house as at the weekend, we are to have our Eldest, and to see him and our granddaughter Amber for the 1st time since last August!! What a strange time we have lived through.

• Feeling sad at loss of yet another new Osprey - one of the three at LotL. Will write more tomorrow.
  • It's been a sad beginning to the Osprey season this year, OG, with several losses and no pair nesting at LG, which seems surprising as it appears to be a prime property.