Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON 

and

HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!

A total lunar eclipse will occur this week. AQ will be able to see the entire eclipse from start to finish! Annette will see both the partial and total eclipse. I will see a partial eclipse. I'm so sorry, UK folks, you will need to stream it online, which is still a good show. You can live stream it HERE at the Time and Date YouTube site. 

Insert your location at the Time and Date website to see when to watch the eclipse in your time zone. For most of us, it will happen on 26 May, Wednesday. You can find info and answers to questions at the NASA site.

I hope everyone has a beautiful summery week and finds some joy!!!

Here are the eclipse times in UTC time.

• LINDA - a lovely smile - thank you for sharing. Great to see those two together. Sad she had forgotten you - such a long time for someone so small - she was a baby and now she is a little girl!

ANNETTE - realised this afternoon that the car is only a week away! Re church - I feel quite nervous about going back as I think I have forgotten how to communicate with people!
  • The dog is settling in well, I'm glad to say. I prefer Toffee because as I said, putting in my h'penny worth, a dog needs to understand from its owner when it's name is being called, and Leo is too soft - you need some hard sounds in the word. If it's name is mentioned in a sentence, it needs to be able to separate it from all the other words. Anyway, I thought of calling him Biscuit! but it was rejected, LOL!
  • A half smile from Rosie!  On her left is the dress I bought for her 6 months ago, and which will probably only fit her for a couple of weeks now before she grows out of it! It has matching green tights and of course was more for colder weather. Never mind.

• Lindybird: That's a gorgeous photo. Rosie looks very thoughtful and curious (as in Who Is That Nice Lady Taking Photos?), but you can see the imp lurking there. - and those eyes!!  Too bad about he M&S outfit, but maybe her parents know someone they can pass it on to.

• Annette: Sorry about your Day of Everything Going Wrong. On days like that, I usually just go to bed and watch TV. LOL

dibnlib: The cygnets are lovely! 

Lindy: Don't worry. Children are adaptable and resilient. It won't be long at all before you've re-established your ties with your granddaughter. Since the other grandparents had just visited the day before, all the changes may have just been a bit much to process for such a young child. Your relationship with her will soon be renewed. I love that new dog of Sue's. What a cutie! I hope the pairing works out. I'd name him "Boon" or "Smiley."

OG: I hope the car is exactly as you've hoped and it will expand your options in life. I understand what you mean about forgetting how to communicate with people. I've been so isolated during the last year, I now become nervous when I have to interact with people.

Heather: Best wishes on your daughter's move. Hope it's all smooth.

Hello to Pat O and Lynette. Also, has Rosy made any posts recently? I don't recall any. Hope all is well, Rosy.

• AQ: I hope your summery weather will soon turn to more seasonal weather. I also hope your fire risk will diminish. I so hope you'll be able to get out, take photos, and enjoy your winter. Hope your new tablets are working well for you, AQ. 

By the way, I probably won't get to see any of the lunar eclipse, either. I, too, have rain and overcast skies predicted for my patch. 

• OG – Yes, returning to “normal” activities is daunting at first. I hope your church services remain uncrowded a little longer for your sake.

LINDA – Beautiful big eyes has Rosie. I detect an impish look! Sue’s dog is so fluffy, I would name him Toffee – it rhymes! Leo sounds like a big police dog. But of course it’s her choice.

DIANE - I woke this morn to Rain, Glorious Rain! We’ve had ½ inch. Let’s hope it continues.

Horrid day otherwise – cleaning the oven. I don’t want to think how long it has been since the last clean. Another heavy shower now as I head to kitchen to make chicken pie for tea and freezer.

• Just a thought

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

• Good Morning. Something bright to cheer us all up. As I write, they're saying that the 1st days of May in the UK, the 3 weeks of up to the 18th, were double the usual rainfall for the whole month!

Showery here now but my OH has gone to golf regardless in the hope it will clear up today.

• Bonnie looking sorry for herself. She had not been limping, but had been licking her paw a lot for 24 hours when I said she must see the Vet. After a consultation where my OH had to stay in the car park, he was told that she had an abcess by her claw. She's now on anti bios and a painkiller for a few days.