Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

• Thanks for your news folks.
    Thank you to Diane again for starting us off.

Heather - do hope it won't be long before you can see your grand-daughter.

Annette - obviously bathtime for the Waxwings and so many at one time!

We are still hoping to go up to Manchester June 2nd even though restrictions may be in place in neighboring Bolton.
    Haven't see brother and partner for nigh on over 18months.

Weather down here showery with some sun peeping thriugh at times, seems to be the forecast for most of the week.
  • OG:  I think things are officially finished when you tell the contractors to go away because you can't stand it anymore.  

• ANNETTE – Those cedar waxwings look stunning in flight with their yellow-tipped fantails.

OG – Own cooked meals – that’s progress.

We visited Dau#2 this morn (her b-day tomorrow), stayed for a coffee & homemade scone. It is rare to see her without appendages. I’ve promised to take her to Murattis after my second jab. I consider M’s too small & crowded to risk visiting yet.

• Just a thought

Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened (Dr Seuss)

• Good Morning. Sun coming through the window, and fingers crossed that it might last the morning, as I'm off to Dentist for a check up. Hoping I won't need anything done.

Sue sent me some pics of dogs she has applied for, but then there are lots of other people doing the same, with much demand for rescue animals at present, so we will have to wait and see.

OG - Sounds like progress and I'm sure you know that these things always take longer than first estimated. Fingers crossed that the final touches and the carpet can soon be done and dusted.
  • Annette, lovely that you had such colourful little visitors. I wonder if they'll make a habit of it. Love your fountain and flowers!
  • ANNETTE - just had a second look at the Cedar Waxwings and found the colours you mentioned. That yellow is amazing when they spread their tails. Also noticed that the fountain looks perfectly made for them and they for the fountain - perfection in your lovely garden.

AQ - nice for you to visit together and spend time with Daughter without little people around.

LINDA - started with sunshine here too, and promise of no rain all day (ha-ha) - - showers started about 11 am. OH is busy in the greenhouse, where it is actually very hot under the glass. I would have gone out too, dead-heading, but can't face handling soggy vegetation. Actually quite breezy too since the showers, although no rain falling now. I hope the dentist trip was satisfactory. I do hope Sue will soon find a new doggy friend - so sad she can hear Boris - I hope that person moves away soon.

I am supposed to be getting on with magazine typing for June issue. I have received some unexpected input this time, so it may be a good read.

• I was given a "pass, with a star for good brushing" by the dentist, who I've been seeing for more than 30 years. I did have to sit on a cold brick wall for ten minutes, whilst he saw his previous patient & then clean everything down.

Lots of our blooms are now looking soggy in the garden, there's been so much rain.

Sue's meeting with person from the dog rescue went well. Of course, one of her trump cards is that she has previously been a puppy foster mum for the Guide Dogs for the Blind. There are two dogs of the kind she is looking for at the Centre at present. (Not too big, and not a young puppy)

• Morning all:   Discovered the downside of having a flock of waxwings in the fountain.  Went out to add water last night and ended up emptying out both basins due to all the little seeds they'd left behind (not sure if they pooped them out or what!).  Apparently waxwings eat only berries, so found loads of little red seeds (a little smaller than a ball bearing) in the water and, not only that, they were reddish berries so the water was a dull and dirty red/brown.  It's clear and flowing well again now, so I've mixed feelings about any future visits from that crowd.  :-)

AQ:  That'll be exciting to be able to go to Muratti's again.  When do you get your second jab?

OG: Hope you don't have to do too much editing on the June issue.

Llindybird: I had the dentist yesterday; found one 'must' repair and a possible 'should'. Then he, the hygienist and I shared photos and news of birds/flowers in our respective gardens.  Can Sue visit any dog she is interested in adopting?  Could be tricky to take it sight unseen...   Ah, I see your update; looks good (from teeth and dog aspects).

No May Gray today; went for good walk now home to paperwork.  Our Internet/cable TV  provider put up their prices again and when I made my annual call to ask about 'special' offers, they came up with an amazing discount for internet access and I suspect it's because they're busy adding new 'pods' or something around the area which - I assume - is why we're constantly being bumped offline for a few minutes each morning. Also, some of our schools are open again, so that could be contributing to the problem.  A first world problem though.....  :-)