Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week! Stay safe, friends.

• Unknown said:
    Can she fly with those ears, Lindy? LOL

LOL!!  I'd love to see that!!

• I'm here! Sorry, been busy trying to help middle daughter with work and house issues.
    I don't think I would want cicadas in my house, DIANE...
    Youngest daughter found a field mouse up her sitting room curtains, between the curtain and the lining! She only sussed it out because her cat wouldn't move away from the curtain, going' miouw 'repeatedly !
  • Here I am!! Rained last night; not a lot but not forecast at all, so newspaper was all soggy and patio chairs wet. Oh well, not complaining. Taking care of desk stuff today; now off to Tai Chi class to wobble and wave about.....
  • Poem to my yoga teacher: (many years ago!)

I wobble & wave -
    It's fitness I crave -
    I don't want any "wobbly bits!"
    I try to keep going
    When the class is full flowing
    And everyone's doing the splits...

I know that it's true
    I'm younger than you-
    The teacher who shows us the ropes
    You look pretty well
    As far as I can tell
    And you seem to be able to cope.

Perhaps if I stand, to keep still
    With enough of my will
    I can be the best person I am.
    I will stretch and I'll reach
    So that when on the beach
    I'll be "good for my age "
    Or at very least,
    Supple as h**l!

(Not meant to be you, Annette - your words reminded me of my doing my yoga class!)
  • Lindybird:   No splits in our yoga class thank heaven.  As for suppleness, it comes and goes (currently gone).  

Diane:  Yuk.  I guess we should be happy they aren't locusts.

Heather:  How did daughter like the house (I think it was today but maybe I'm a week off).

• Actually, no splits in mine either, Annette - but it rhymed!

I just finished my book. Much praised in the press, so I thought I'd give it a go: "Everybody Died, So I Got a Dog" by Emily Dean. It's a true story of a girl who lost all of her rather eccentric family, one by one, and then had various issues which I suppose isn't surprising. She sorted herself out and bought a dog, which was something she'd always wanted. It was described as "hilariously funny, and sad". I found it mostly sad, but it was funny in parts, and very well described.
  • Thank you Diane for starting us off. What a phenomenon - trillions of cicades, must be a sight for sore eyes. Let's hope the wildlife get their fill of them.

Weather has been showery and sunny and breezy down here and much the same forecast for tomorrow.

Looks like Bonnie could take off. Is the flower the spendthrift or perhaps a clover.
  • Sounds like a heartwarming story for this day and age, Lindybird.

Hope you are enjoying your break in wild and windy Wales.
  • Lawn man came while I was finishing breakfast; he was only 22 hours late; it must have been too wet for him yesterday. His machine is so noisy we move to front of house while he’s on back lawn, and vice versa. He’s gone already and now OH is busy sweeping up as the LM’s blower simply spreads stray clippings into verandah corners, etc. Looks like another sunny autumn day ahead.
  • They usually have two tellers in my local bank. Except when it’s very busy, when they have one (Rita Rudner)

Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop. (Gertrude Stein)

New and used antiques. (sign in shop window)