Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful and healthy week! 

• Heather - Sadly, bullies will always try never to have witnesses. I do hope things work out well for your daughter, and the bully is removed.
  • Morning all:

Heather:  Surely the other complaints about this individual might carry some weight?  And no CCTV cameras around either I suppose.....   Apart from that, suggest your daughter have her cellphone handy to at least try to record his rants should she run up against him again..

OG:  Things seem to be progressing very well in the kitchen.  

AQ:  Glad you got out; assume you'll let us know how dinner was.

Lindybird: Enjoy your Wales visit.

dibnlib:  What's the subject of the new jigsaw?

New York Times has a story and some lovely photos about the implications of today's vote re Scotland's independence.  

Must hose down and work up a comprehensive shopping list; way too much space in the fridge...

• I'm also waiting to hear about AQ 's meal !
    Agree, PAT - he is a clever operator.
    ANNETTE- daughter is the first one to submit a written complaint, others have only complained verbally. Yes, she will use her mobile phone if necessary, she has told me that.
  • ALL: I've had a lot going on lately. I'll try to come on here and catch up soon.

• Diane:  I assume those were the bad old days (not sure it wouldn't work now though....at least not in the genteel wilds of Heather's neighborhood!)

• DIANE – These days you would likely be accused of harassment!

Yesterday I collected a dozen books from distant library, we went out for dinner and today I am preparing 5-6 meals for freezer. I’m working on the theory that if I prepare for the worst, it won’t happen, ie the side effects of new tablets. I’ll start them today - later. Weather man has promised rain, sorry, showers, tomorrow. Hence I am washing today. It is wonderful to have energy again.

Dinner was great. I had my usual fried King George whiting (a SA specialty), served with salad dressed with delicious tangy dressing, & chips. OH was in a good mood, enhanced by ½ doz oysters kilpatrick followed by chicken schnitzel with prawns in sauce & salad. A glass of riesling each and lots of water. I had no room for dessert. The restaurant is on the esplanade, though with sunset now about 5.30 pm, the view does not last long. No twilight here! It is pitch dark by 6.30. Restaurant quite busy – allowed ¾ capacity.

• from bumper stickers:-

If you lived in your car you would be home by now.

If you think this is slow, wait until I go uphill.

If this sticker is getting smaller, the traffic lights are probably green.

• Annette and AQ: I deleted my comment to Heather. It was probably a little rough. I was just so angry that Heather's daughter is having to endure bullying and the man is not being held accountable. I wish I could stand up for her. (By the way, I made sure there weren't any witnesses when I said what I did.)

• Diane:  It worked though right?  :-))   But like you, I really hope Heather's daughter gets some support to deal with that jerk.

AQ:  Lovely that you had a good dinner.  Do it again soon and maybe save room for dessert.  Good luck with the new meds.

• Latest news from our local hospital system. “it remains unclear how many hospital patients received incorrect dosages of medication as a result of a computer system error, and has blamed the bungle on a … upgrade. . . It's added another digit and replicated the last digit, so if you were to have 17 milligrams, it would have prescribed 177 milligrams,” Oh? Perhaps if we “knock off” a few patients it will solve the shortage of beds and ambulance ramping.