Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful and healthy week! 

• AQ - They really have to get out of the mind set that the vaccine is unsafe or whatever. They must get the jab, at least it helps keep the virus at bay and mixing sensibly can go ahead and g.mother should be able to see her g.kids.
    Hope the dau changes her mind otherwise she is going to feel rather sad that there can be no visits due to her stubborness.

Lindybird - love the pic of Bonnie - butter wouldn't melt!

Just flicking through the posts, hope all of you are OK and had a reasonable bank holiday.
  • AQ - sorry to hear you had a rotten day re appmt at hospital and other things in the supermarket. As you say, tomorrow is another day, what can possibly go wrong.

OG - Pleased to hear that the new kitchen is being installed, ok it must be a mess at the moment, but just think how lovely and pristine it will look when finished.
  • Clare - just read your post that LImpy has Parkinsons. Sorry to hear that but as you say, help him to keep as active as possible to keep the progress of Parkinsons at bay. Afraid my OH just wants to get up and sit most of the day. Mind you he hasn't had a checkup for minths re his diabetes and no call from the surgery either to see how he is doing. I get the impression that he wants to be left alone in case they start saying he's got to do this or do that.

Weather wet and windy, we had a bit of thunder this afternoon. April weather in May, it can only get better!!
  • Just a thought

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does. (James M. Barrie)

• Good Morning. A busy day for me, as getting ready to go away & most of the packing of everything falls to me - can't trust my OH to remember even vital items. Used to leave him to pack the dogs stuff but then we went away without dog leads.... Now I let him pack but go through a big list of "have we got...." before we leave the house.

I take enough food & drink to last until Saturday as there are no shops near our caravan Site. That way it's more relaxing at the other end, to spend 2 days without needing shopping. We should have been excitedly walking onto our ship in Newcastle today, to go on our much anticipated cruise to the fjords! But of course it was all cancelled due to the virus. Never mind, still hoping to go, this time from Liverpool next spring. We had booked it originally in September 2019.
  • LINDA - I sympathize with you on your cancelled cruise. This week the brave (or foolish) are in NSW on the bus trip that I was booked on last year until it was cancelled.

Getting ready to leave for dinner OUT!

• I think we must be the only place in Scotland free of snow this morning - looks as if it's really wintry up north! We had a frost which soon cleared, but still not very warm. Willow tree outside study window is full of Goldfinches and yesterday we had a flock of Starlings - the number more often seen when they are murmurating in October and November.

Kitchen has units all around at floor level, and most of the top cupboards too - no doors yet, so still can't get an idea of the finished look. Managing fine with temporary arrangements. One thing we shouldn't have packed was kitchen scales - so no porridge for breakfast! I should be copying J and tidying out lots of old files - I am not so motivated as him, although I did empty my "to be filed" tray yesterday. Maybe when we have filled the kitchen storage sensibly, I shall feel like putting the study in order!
  • Know how you feel LINDY. We should have gone on our river cruise last month. We have rescheduled it till June next year and were originally due to go last August. Enjoy Wales.

We were back from voting before 8am. We wanted to be back for a morning delivery. My parcel came at 10am....it is another jigsaw, 1500pieces so will take a while.
  • Snow here this morning but nothing drastic.
    Glad that the kitchen is coming along fine, OG.
    LINDY - I hope that you are in Wales by now and get some dry weather !
    Middle daughter is frustrated because the guy who is the cause of many problems at the school flatly denied her statement. Denied ever being near her etc. Of course, no witnesses... There is a lot more to tell but it probably isn't wise for me to do so.
    Hope that everyone is OK !
  • We have arrived OK without incident, and yes, Heather, the sun is shining here. Can see snow on the tops of the mountain ranges (Snowdonia).