Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful and healthy week! 

• A damp Bonnie looking for a treat (she got one!)

• Of course she did - who could refuse those eyes???
  • OG & ANNETTE – The Saildrone was lost about 2 years ago, a few days after launch. Ii is thought it bumped into an iceberg. Amazing that it was found considering the many isolated beaches it could have landed.

PAT - Those eyes! I agree. Indeed they are worth 2 treats LOL.

It is looking more like winter may be on its way. Overcast & grey with “showers” predicted. I can only plead for rain. Yesterday I could hardly lever the fork into our horrid clay to attack the weeds. We have had days of 28-29C and the garden is so dry.

From today the over 50s can get the covid vaccine. Still far too many crazy anti-vax theories going around. One grandmother’s dilemma – her Dau is an anti-vaxer and has said if g-m gets the vaccine she can no longer visit her g-chn, ever. Dau believes one can catch covid from a vaccinated person!!! I’ve had no reaction to my jab, except rather tired last eve, but that could have been the gardening efforts.

• I’m afraid fulfilling my potential would really cut into my sitting around time (Maria Bamford)

I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well. (Robert Benchley)

Day 3 of WFH and my family started screaming while I was in a meeting. My coworker remarked: "Now I understand why you prefer to go into the office every day."

• aquilareen said:
    One grandmother’s dilemma – her Dau is an anti-vaxer and has said if g-m gets the vaccine she can no longer visit her g-chn, ever. Dau believes one can catch covid from a vaccinated person!!!

What a terrible position to be in.  What does their father have to say about this?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Dry here at present, but apparently its the lull before the storm as bad winds & rain are due over the whole country soon. At least it should stop people gathering too much on this Bank Holiday!

Meant to say, it was interesting about the much travelled drone, AQ. Like the quotes for today :-)
  • Lindybird said:
    At least it should stop people gathering too much on this Bank Holiday!

That would be good ........ but sadly I'm sure that people will still be piling on to our sea front.  There were loads of people about yesterday, despite showers and cold temperature.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In our front garden:

Annoying, as had to edit this to be smaller to get it to post.