Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full at:

4:31 a.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in the U.K.
8:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in California
1:01 p.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in Adelaide, Australia
10:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in Iowa (for bjane). 

This "supermoon" will be closer to Earth than any of the other full moons this year, except for the May moon (which will be only 98 miles closer). So, this one should be beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe week.

• Good Morning. Sunny through the window yet again, but much colder this week.

AQs feast sounds good, so I hope it went down well with the visitors big & small.

I've got housework to catch up on, but I'm also expecting a visit from Sue, who has had some bad news so I'll need to be ready for tears from both of us. Story of events later, when I hear from her about it.
  • AQ - A belated 'Happy Birthday' ... hope it was good, especially with the family visit. Hope the cake tasted as good as it looked!
  • ANNETTE, DIANE, CLARE, HARELADY, PAT ­ Thank you very much. I’ve had a great day. Long phone chat with Dau#1, visit from Dau#2 & Co, phone calls from sis & sis-i-l. Trio made cards which including “Toby, Callie & Fluffy”. 2 new books to read. Cake was as good as it looked (OH liked it!), Anzac bics & other eats disappeared. I must go now and find something lazy for evening meal.

• Sorry I missed it, AQ! Glad that you had a super day x
  • HEATHER - Thank you. Still the evening to follow, relaxing with leftover cake (white choc & raspberry).
  • Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself, AQ. It's been quite bright again, here. This afternoon it warmed up a little and I did some weeding.

This morning, Sue came to visit: she's had a fraught couple of days. If you remember, she was excited over five months ago to be asked by a neighbour if she would like a dog as she had been getting on very well with her neighbours two little dogs, but then it was found that they fought too much - one kept nipping the other. Sue was looking for a pet to share her life with and so it all fell into place. She would have little Boris and the neighbour would feel he had gone to a good, caring home.

However. Three days ago the woman suddenly said that she was going through a bad patch and "I need him back!" Sue was, of course, horrified. They had been friends and neighbours for a long time, and it was hard to believe that this could be happening. But the woman became nasty when Sue protested that it was cruel to both her and the dog. After two days of wrangling, Sue has given in and this morning took the dog back. She is devastated. She said to me that she could not cope with the threats this woman came out with - she is obviously having serious mental problems. We are all mentally wrung out now. What a mess.
  • AQ - sounds like a real birthday gathering.

LINDA - pretty clematis - quite early too.

Busy morning . Hairdresser came for E_E and OG this afternoon. Four months hair chopped off times two! Filled vac cleaner! Feels good and light too. She had news for us - she and partner are having a baby in October - her Son will be 11 that same month!

Was light cloud all day and a gentle breeze - then short shower this afternoon. Still fairly mild.
  • Lindybird - what a sad and heartless thing to do by the neighbour. She at least had one dog. Poor Sue, hope you managed to cheer her up.

OG - I bet head feels a whole lot better now that you have been shorn. Must make an appointment witn my hairdresser soon, Managed to cut mine so waiting for it to grow out a bit more and then it can be professionally done. Dau having hers done on Sat..
    Cloudy then sunny late afternoon but chilly.