Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full at:

4:31 a.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in the U.K.
8:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in California
1:01 p.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in Adelaide, Australia
10:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in Iowa (for bjane). 

This "supermoon" will be closer to Earth than any of the other full moons this year, except for the May moon (which will be only 98 miles closer). So, this one should be beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe week.

• Camel

I put my camel on the hitching post-
    He's really better behaved than most.
    I fill him up with Camel Nuts
    Instead of needing petrol, but
    I'm not quite sure what they're made of so
    I hope they're what will make him grow
    And give me many miles to come-
    He really is a lot of fun!

He tries to overtake the cars
    I think if left, he'd run to Mars!
    To join the Rover, working there:
    To be on camera, he wouldn't care.
    He'd give his view on the human race
    And say we'd be better off someplace
    Where we didn't ruin the atmosphere
    And destroy the nature, far and near.

Sometimes I get a quite hard stare
    When riding him, but I don't care.
    If folks are happy to drive their guzzlers
    They shouldn't mind us, who need muzzlers
    For we are the eco drivers, quite supreme
    And quite the smuggest, if you know what I mean!
  • That's great, Lindy! Thank you. The best smile I've had all day.
  • Morning all:  

Heather:  Ugh. Can the folks who've previously complained not get together and go to the boss or write a group letter?   I hope they're all documenting the behavior.  After all, the school - or the supervisor - will be liable if things really go pear-shaped.

Lindybird:  I guess if Sue feels better with a security device, that's good.   Is it one of those 'Ring' doorbell/camera thingies?  They're very popular here, although I'm not a fan myself.

Going to dinner at friend's house tonight.  And hair cut this morning.  Also getting our ancient Toyota hauled away - we donated it to one of the local National Public Radio stations and it'll be picked up this morning (they sell it and we get a tax deduction).   Silly, but it's covered in dust, etc. and I'm going to take it to the drive-through car wash first...

• Annette - That's very public spirited of you. I hope it has another, good life now. Enjoy your treat of a dinner out!

Pat - Glad I made you smile. There's not enough smiling these days. I wrote it one line at a time on a whim, with no idea whatsoever of an ending :-)

Will try to do another this weekend.

• Agree, ANNETTE I would wash it first, also!
    Waiting to hear from daughter when she gets home at 6.30. Apparently there was a virtual meeting this morning of the big boss and others. ' Something needs to be done. Something will be done but things are busy at the moment '. But now that daughter has made a written complaint it can't be ignored. Can it?

Thanks for support, folks.

• OG the letting agency have identified a house for daughter, a two bed semi not far from where she is now. She can view it on 10 th May. The rent is higher, though. £750 per month.
    LINDY - if the camera gives Sue peace of mind then it's worth every penny. I know what its like to be alone at night and trying to identify noises etc.
  • Car is gone.  Felt quite sad as it represented so many memories..  However, felt better after the driver told me it won't be sold for parts (which I was fretting about) but will be auctioned off 'as is' (cosmetically challenged on the outside but good on the inside and mechanically sound for its age) through the charitable organization involved and will go to someone who really needs it.   Phew.   The organization is based in San Diego, more than 200 miles away.  He said they pick up 3 or 4 vehicles a day!  Amazing.  Had no idea it was such a 'thing' though I hear the pitches for vehicle donations on NPR stations all the time.  

Heather:  Oh good.  Let us know what happens at daughter's workplace.   Does your daughter have first dibs on the house?  Hope it's worth the higher rent.

• HEATHER - a lot of money for just two bedrooms! I hope something good will happen for her soon.

ANNETTE - I thought the old Toyota went to Grandson - but maybe that was a temporary arrangement. I'm glad it is going where you can feel good about it!
  • It would only get you one bedroom here! A thousand a month for 2 beds, or more if it's roomy.

Enjoyed the programme celebrating ten happy years since Kate married Prince William. Lots of ordinary folks describing how they enjoyed the day at the time. Had forgotten how the couple managed to make it a family event in spite of the fuss. Good Luck to them.
  • Hello all, just been reading through the last few pages and oh boy a few of you are disgruntled about something.
    Do hope that all problems will be resolved satisfactorily.

Lindy - just love the pem about the camel, particularly after I'd seen what you'd said previously. HA ha.

OG - another one with significent problems. Do hope that communications between the department concerned and j will be forthcoming and that things will sort themselves out.

Weather down here has been cloudy with the sun breaking through towards late afternoon, fairly chilly and now they say we are in for some rain , typical as a new month starts..

Have a good weekend all with things looking more promising and brighter .