Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full at:

4:31 a.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in the U.K.
8:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in California
1:01 p.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in Adelaide, Australia
10:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in Iowa (for bjane). 

This "supermoon" will be closer to Earth than any of the other full moons this year, except for the May moon (which will be only 98 miles closer). So, this one should be beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe week.

• Clare -- words fail me. How do the people who come up with these figures arrive at them?
  • Good morning. Just had another bit of banking business to do – why does everything mature at around the same time? Cloudy with sunny intervals but apparently no rain until early evening. Not so warm now. Still enjoying the haircut!

LINDA – You and I posted at the same time yesterday – seem to have done that a few times recently – so I missed your news of Sue’s distress last night. I was horrified to read it just now, but I guess there was no paperwork exchanged so she has no protection re ownership of Boris. First question, has he ever been chipped? If so, were his details re-registered when she took him on? As for the “owner”, that was a most unfair thing to do, damaging for their relationship, Sue’s well-being and the poor dog. I wonder whether he will stay put or will he try to return to Sue if he still doesn’t get on with his housemate?

LYNETTE – I had managed since December without being tempted to cut my own hair – shows what a good stylist she is that it kept its shape through the growing length. I saw myself in the mirror last evening and realised I do look younger with it short. Had forgotten by this morning and wondered who it was in the mirror!

ANNETTE – good news that you can go to dinner with friends. Enjoy!

PAT – have a wonderful day at Hever – I am imagining you enjoying your picnic lunch.

AQ – is going out to tea and extension of your birthday? Hope you will enjoy it.

CLARE – don’t spend it all at once! I always forget that people in England still pay for items on prescription!

Lunchtime approaches, then E_E is going to the tip (=recycling centre). He has booked his usual two consecutive sessions. We have had our notification of new bins arriving soon, and a new timetable including recycling collections. Sweary words about reduction in general rubbish from weekly to fortnightly.
  • Unknown said:
    CLARE – don’t spend it all at once! I always forget that people in England still pay for items on prescription!

Limpy doesn't pay for his as he's over 60 and Helen doesn't pay for hers as she's on Universal Credit.  Carer's Allowance doesn't entitle you to free prescriptions.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird said:
    Clare -- words fail me. How do the people who come up with these figures arrive at them?

I wish I knew.  I'd hazard a guess they haven't got the faintest idea of what it means to try and live on these amounts.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Apparently my head is all over the place (too much going on). Today is not the tip day - that is tomorrow - today is magazine printing day, so he has gone down to the church - then we shall be playing with stamps and sticky labels!

CLARE - J is on Universal Credit - we were surprised that he qualified, and more surprised when the first payment went into his account. He had a phone meeting with his "work coach" today, followed by the postman delivering a letter written last friday telling him he had a call scheduled for that day! It had already been postponed by phone to tomorrow, and when he phoned to query it, he was asked "what is it you don't understand". They then apologised and said there will be another letter telling him it is postponed to tomorrow - our post comes around lunchtime, so it will arrive after the "meeting" has happened!

I am now going to look in my diary and check whether I am supposed to be doing anything!
  • Glad your haircut has made you feel better, OG.

Sue did have the papers relating to Boris, and also had not only registered him with her usual vet, but had paid for some treatment there. So to all intents & purposes he is her dog. However, it would take too long to explain here, but the woman has threatened Sue, well out of earshot of anyone else, and has also hinted that she herself is "near the edge" of suicide, which she claims she has had treatment for in the past. None of her own family are now speaking to her in any way, which is not surprising- she has revealed herself as a toxic individual. Sue, being a decent person, says that she could not live with herself if anything happened because she had fought for the animal. So now we are left with her broken hearted and not sleeping. I could wring the woman's neck and daren't drive round there as I would be pounding on her door.....
  • LINDA - that really is a horrible situation for Sue to be in. It is good that you are there for her, and I hope she can take some comfort from coming for cuddles with Bonnie. That person does seem to be extremely unbalanced. I hope no harm will be done to Boris, apart from the mental confusion he must be suffering.
  • Morning all:

Lindybird:  Yikes; no wonder Sue gave in, but threatening suicide only confirms that her neighbor needs professional help.  Heather raised the interesting point that the neighbor may be jealous to see Sue so happy with Boris, which may have triggered other feelings that have nothing to do with Sue or Boris (after all, reading your latest post, she's apparently estranged from her family ,which - with Covid - has probably rendered her even more isolated, which is a dangerous place to be when you've had suicidal tendencies in the past.  She sounds desperate. Is there any mental health agency anybody could call (anonymously perhaps) who might intervene?  What about her doctor (if anyone knows who he is).?  It's worrisome.  Meanwhile, Sue's lucky to have you for a friend.  Oh, and good luck with the new computer.

Clare:  Instead of a prescription; maybe treat yourself to a small latte at Starbucks with all that money?  :-)

AQ:  Those sayings are hysterical!!!  I can relate to them all.   Whodathunk going out to tea could be so exciting.  

OG:  I'm really looking forward to the day I look in the mirror and think I look younger!   :-))   Sounds like the people who J is talking to are the same people who came up with Clare's extra 5p.

Pat:   Hope the tulips are in full bloom for you and that the weather is good..

• Unknown said:
    CLARE - J is on Universal Credit - we were surprised that he qualified, and more surprised when the first payment went into his account. He had a phone meeting with his "work coach" today, followed by the postman delivering a letter written last friday telling him he had a call scheduled for that day! It had already been postponed by phone to tomorrow, and when he phoned to query it, he was asked "what is it you don't understand". They then apologised and said there will be another letter telling him it is postponed to tomorrow - our post comes around lunchtime, so it will arrive after the "meeting" has happened!

That's about par for the course.  You all have my sincere sympathy.

• Unknown said:
    Clare:  Instead of a prescription; maybe treat yourself to a small latte at Starbucks with all that money?  :-)

If only I liked coffee!!

Unknown said:
    Sounds like the people who J is talking to are the same people who came up with Clare's extra 5p.

I wouldn't mind betting.