Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• Unknown said:
    Egg and rhum? Sounds like the ingredients for that Christmas drink, although I see that it's Eig and Rum which, incidentally, are close to Muck. I mean really, what were people thinking/drinking when they named those islands?

There are some priceless place names in the UK.  Some of the more interesting place names in East Anglia are Ugley, Nasty, Messing and Bitchfield - and Norfolk boasts Great Snoring!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning all: Today's chat had me back on Google Earth and checking out Dunvegan Castle and environs; thanks for the morning outing. :-)
  • Brilliant sunshine here again, and actually managed to sit in the garden after lunch. However, felt unaccountably sad and tired, so curled up on the sofa for a bit to have a snooze -- I don't think I've got over the change in the hour yet!!
  • A couple of weeks ago my OH said he had a "coming & going" toothache, but rather than fuss, he would wait until his imminent appointment for a checkup. Whilst we were in Wales, we noted that it would be at the end of this week and we would be back in time. Yesterday I said "I'll remind you, and you remind me, that you have an appointment".

Today, my OH did a few things around the garden, then went off for a session at the allotment. When he came back, I thought I must remind him that its at lunchtime.....

By the time he had told me about his work today, I had forgotten. So had he. It was about an hour after the time he should have been there that I suddenly remembered, and shrieked!!

He made a grovelling apology on the phone and was offered another appointment in May. Sigh.
  • Lindybird:  Hope your OH's tooth behaves itself until May.

Got the second new rose in the ground today. Just have to move a couple of small salvia and then it's back to normal maintenance.  Which is quite enough.

• DIANE – “weird, and dystopian dreams”. So normal then? LOL Luckily I rarely remember dreams. Which jab did you get? Mine will be AstraZeneca as they are now reserving the Pfizer for under 50s due to possible clots. Pf has to be imported whereas A-Z is being manufactured in Melbourne (as fast as they can).

Fine misty “moisture” in the air as I hung washing this morn. I transferred all to garage, then the clouds disappeared, sun warmed up <sigh> and I pegged it all back on line. I must go & lock garage. . .

• Just a thought

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. (Jim Rohn)

• Good Morning. Wispy clouds here but another dry day, after a long line of them- we will have to get the garden hose out to give a lot of things in the garden a drink.

AQ - I had the Astra Zenica jab both times, & my OH had the other one. I hope you can persuade your OH to have his.

Off to get my weekly shop, which seems to be rather Ground Hog Day. We are both trying to lose some of our lockdown weight, so it gets harder to have a treat without being naughty, except to choose some yummy fruit.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.
  • AQ: I got the Moderna vaccine. My county health department was administering that brand at a now defunct supermarket in the town where I get groceries. I chose that site because I trusted the health department personnel, plus ample and easy parking was available. It was surreal and creepy to see our cherished rural market turned into a mass vaccination site, though. It was my Dad's favorite market, and we used to go in there once a week and buy doughnuts at the bakery.

Hope you're fine after your jab.