Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• I hated exams and only ever did shorthand and typing ones in the end. Had a brilliant English teacher and her teaching has stayed with me. Dau was in the vocational group at school as exams were too stressful for her. She is trying to better herself but if no joy this time will probably leave alone.

We have booked a break away in Scotland with Lochs and Glens - a 7 day tour of part of Scotland staying at the Loch Achray hotel in the Trossachs - an area I am familiar with as we use to visit it frequently when we lived in Scotland.. Can't wait.
  • AG - let's hope it does arrive earlier than anticipated then there will be no stopping you.

Lindybird - thanks for the pics of colourful spring flowers. Our meagre collection of tulips are also out. Must plant more for next year.
  • Annette - I couldn't have been more pleased when I heard the verdict. Justice is done and with regard to our problems with the football, common sense has prevailed.
  • Hope your anniversary meal is stupendous, Annette.
  • Meal was simply wonderful and delicious, if only because I didn't have to shop for it or cook it. What a treat to be out again. Restaurants are allowed 50% inside as of yesterday, but this one was still holding at 25% inside. It's typically a very busy place and can be noisy, so that was fine with us.

Take care everyone.

• Lynette D said:
    We have booked a break away in Scotland with Lochs and Glens - a 7 day tour of part of Scotland staying at the Loch Achray hotel in the Trossachs - an area I am familiar with as we use to visit it frequently when we lived in Scotland.. Can't wait.

We'll be coming through there in September on our way to Mull so I know what you mean when you say you can't wait - neither can we!  We've been saying for years that we really must visit Mull but it's now getting more urgent for Limpy as he deteriorates a little every year.  I'd still say he's in the early stages of Parkinson's but that won't last.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I booked my covid vaccine today. Having been told they are busy & it would be 2-3 weeks. . . “Can you come in 1 May?” Of course. However OH is undecided, drat him. I decided not to wait until he made up his mind. I am looking forward to some sort of protection when/if I resume bus trips later.

• Just a thought

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart. (Roy T Bennett)

• Good Morning. A chilly start here again, with frost on the car for my OH as he goes off out early. But bright sunshine which is so cheering.

Great that you managed a super meal out for your celebration, Annette.

I hated exams, too, Lynette, and think I might have done better if we had been marked more on our course work. I think if my older self could now speak to the younger one, I would say "Don't panic just go for it!"

Enjoy looking forward to your Scottish trip.
  • Clare - Mull is the most wonderful place in the whole world! I have been going for the last 30 years or so, and it's the place where I feel most at home. I know you and Limpy will have a wonderful time there. I'm not sure whether 'Wings Over Mull' is still operating, but some years ago I had a wonderful 'experience day' there, meeting birds of prey, doing a hawk walk with a Harris hawk attached to my wrist, having another hawk fly to my arm, learning so much about the birds and becoming immersed in their lives. And going to remote parts of the island, usually late in the evening, to watch sea eagles flying and tending their young. Seals aplenty, otters, deer, golden eagles ... and so much more. There is nowhere like Mull. I am hoping to get there this year - I haven't been for three years and have massive withdrawal symptoms! In a way I envy you your first visit ... I remember mine clearly, so many years ago. I've been in every month of the year, every weather (there's a lot of that!) and know all the best bits - although on each visit I discover something new.