Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• Parts of today were a bit cloudy, but pleasantly warm. First, while I was just waking up, we had a phone call from car seat people with a helpful suggestion about the best model to order. OH finished that call, then the kitchen people phoned to say all the furniture is with them. But no sink! The one we ordered is out of stock, even at the manufacturer. We are accepting a good substitute to keep the job on time – still scheduled for 3rd May. So life is accelerating!

After lunch, we had a spare hour so have cleared all non-essentials from the dining room to make room to store contents of kitchen, and also use microwave for limited food preparation. Washing up will move into the utility area in the back of the garage which will be deep-cleaned before we start. OH also took two sets of shelves off walls where there will be closed storage instead. There will be a lot of preparation and packing going on in the next two weeks (as well as magazine production!) so I may become a lurker again!

LYNETTE and ANNETTE – vehicle may be as soon as six weeks! I am telling myself eight weeks, then it will be a good surprise if it is early!

ANNETTE – Tai Chi and Yoga sound rather early after your op, but I suppose the teacher is being very cautious with her modifications.

AQ – Auntie from Finland is on Facebook occasionally. She is still enjoying Ospreys!

LINDA – love the joke! Nice, cheery tulips. We don’t have any this year, but they are on the shopping list for planting time.

HEATHER – worth paying extra this first year to remodel the back garden, so that later you only pay for maintenance. I thought WATTLE was also in OZ – maybe Queensland.

PAT – I noticed that too, but decided the laugh was important enough to use it!
  • OG: Thanks for news of Auntie. How long will kitchen project last once the work actually starts?

A good verdict in the big trial here. Phew.
  • LINDA – I don’t like that you can grow tulips so easily LOL.

OG - Can we expect reports of a super meal on 4 May? Thanks for news of Auntie from Finland.

ANNETTE – I read somewhere that Aussieland is expected to be the dumping ground for non-electric vehicles. Not sure why.

• Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.

Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.

Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

(from Washington Post’s contest to find alternative meanings for common words.)

• Good Morning. I've been busy with laundry again - where does it all come from? I'm just glad I didn't have to do it in the 1950s when it took our mothers pretty much all day.

Amused by the discussion of my comma - I didn't think anyone would notice. I had a conversation with myself at the time, about it, and decided it looked best without :-)

Good to hear that events for the new kitchen are going apace, OG. You are as usual already planning and organising yourselves, I see. Its the most disruptive room in the house to do without!  Hope it all works out smoothly (sorry about the sink not being available, that's annoying)

Annette I know you like to keep fit, but please be gentle with yourself for a while.

• OG - it will all be worth it in the end. I remember our dining room being full of kitchen stuff and also eating micro meals. Some bought, some homemade from the chest freezer in the garage. Unfortunately my OH was already becoming unwell and the whole experience was rather an ordeal.
  • Heather, I remember you persuading your OH to splash out on a new kitchen.

It's been a grey day here but I pottered in the garden for a bit - everything is growing apace and change is on the way which means that sunny summer days are possibly not far away. Yesterday I drove over to see Sue, and we sat in her garden until it got cold. We were "snowed upon" by tiny seeds from some large trees her neighbours have, it was rather like snow falling gently on our heads!
  • Morning all:  Thanks for advice but Tai Chi is a very slow and gentle type of exercise and yoga practice was all on the floor and just gentle stretches.  

AQ; Well, I certainly hope OZ doesn't accept the world's cast off gas eaters.

OG:  Maybe use paper plates (yes, I know) during the kitchen work to cut down on dishwashing?

It's our wedding anniversary today and we're going out to dinner in a restaurant for the first time since March 2020!   Our county went into the Orange Tier yesterday, which means restaurants can serve food indoors with a 50% capacity - or 75% with proof of vaccination.  I'm SO excited!

• Oh, fantastic, ANNETTE ! Please let us enjoy the meal from a distance :-)