Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week!

• HEATHER: I'm glad the case is over for Callum. I know that's a relief for him and for you. I hope the oil company makes the right decisions for the crew and your son-in-law on the oil rig will be safe from COVID-19.

• Rosy - Coincidentally, we were having a similar discussion on a Zoom call the other evening. How those people who should the loudest do the least. And if you point that out to them, they shout even louder! I hope calm descends soon, and people realise how much you have done to provide them with what they actually asked for.

Heather - Glad everything is over now for Callum. Six points on his licence is a lot, but hopefully he will manage to get them removed without any more incidents. At least he hasn't got it hanging over his head any more and he can hopefully move on. Of course it's something he will never forget, particularly the death of his friend, but I'm sure it will make him a far better driver in the future. Also, I echo Diane's wishes for your son in law.

I don't like the sound of what's going on in nearby Europe, particularly France, with a probable third wave of Covid-19. Not good news for them - and it's only a few miles to our coast. And with all the blockages, will we get our second jabs, I wonder? Mine is due within the next three weeks ... the Pfizer version. Will it happen? Who knows???
  • PAT, my OH has received the summons for the second Pfizer jab next week, along with people we know that had the first one the same time as he did , giving an eleven week gap. I await my second date.
  • I'm writing to let you know that I'm still here, and I've been reading all day, but as my phone won't let me post on here without my entering a password, but when I do, it wont accept it, I've been stumped. My tablet when I try to post, is showing the "error" message all day. Grr.

So now I've crept out to fire up the desktop, which annoys my OH as he seems to think I spend enough time on the internet.

Heather, I'm relieved to hear that Callum has at last got to the end of his long ordeal. Sorry about the points on his licence, but it sounds as if he's been through enough. At least you can all sleep now. (And I hope that you do....) Hope your son in law can get home OK after the drama.

I've had a mixed day today with some successes and also an altercation on another Site which I contribute to. It seems that its alright to give your opinion as long as its the "right" opinion, something which seems to be increasingly the case these days.
  • Rosy, I feel your pain as you have tried to help people but sadly they are often unappreciative. At least you, and some of the others, are grateful and know that you did your best and have done more than they did!

Wheelie bins are a bit of a thing with me at the moment, too: our neighbours put theirs out every week on a Friday when we all do, but then even though they are collected and emptied, they leave theirs out on the pavement looking untidy for several days until they actually need to put something in them, and then if we are lucky, they might actually put them away for a couple of days! At this moment, there are two bins in front of my lovely display of daffodils which have just come out, and which I planted for the enjoyment of all passing by.

We have also just received an extortionate bill for local Council Tax which I intend to mention in a letter to the local press, saying that I expect to receive my gold plated wheelie bins in due course, as they must be spending the money on something, as they are certainly not mending the roads!!

Sorry. Rant Over. I feel better now, LOL!
  • Lots of news and posts here today but I'm especially pleased to read that Callum is done with that court case!
    Still busy here. We're all together (granddaughter took the afternoon off) for an early dinner and hugs. I'll be on the road at 6 a.m.

Take care everyone.
  • Safe journey from here as well, ANNETTE. Lovely that you all managed to spend time together. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

LINDY, I think all council tax bills have gone up. I can think of some things money has been spent on here, which could have been made better use of (but no one asked me)!
  • Lindy our council tax Bill had risen by a mere £4 a month ..
    Sadly the SNP dictate this as we have an election in May. Those of us with a modicum of sense know the impact that will have on our council quality. We already have 3 weekly uplifts so I can and do make use of essential recycling but not everyone has a car to take them the 5 miles to the neatest bins.
    OH a mere youngster had his jab today and he was early but rushed him in as they were on target to do 750 jabs today.
    Youngest had already had her 2 :-)
    Heather a good result tinged with sadness I feel sure x